Around The League V.2

Totty

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Over their last 7 games Dak is averaging 325 ypg, 23 TD, and only 2 INT with the Cowboys being 6-1 over that stretch and averaging 38.1 ppg.

The threshold for the past 5 MVP's has been at least 40 total touchdowns and at least 12 wins, the only two players that are currently on pace to hit both are Dak and Hurts.

I get it and QB is always going to get the eyes. 

Lamb has 1250 yards and 8 TDs and he's making a lot of clutch catches. You take him off the team, Dak is Dak. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I get it and QB is always going to get the eyes. 

Lamb has 1250 yards and 8 TDs and he's making a lot of clutch catches. You take him off the team, Dak is Dak. 

You can say that for most MVPs though, big time production typically entails having big time weapons around you. Dak has been playing at a different level over the last two months though.

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

More Lamb than Dak. Soon as Lamb started getting chippy about how they were playing him, he's been on a tear. 

WRs are carrying QBs this year. Mahomes looks mortal without a goto WR this season. 

Mahomes WRs are dropping passes left and right so I don't think this should lower how we perceive his skill.

Dak, Tua, and the other guys are for sure benefitting greatly from their elite WRs.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Tyreek Hill as much as I hate him. 

Tua is nothing without him. And he completely changes how defenses play them opening up everything else. 

I agree with you that Hill should be the NFL MVP.  He is the most dominant player in the game right now.  D coordinators scheme to shut him down with double teams and he can't be stopped.  Having Hill on the field strikes fear in D coordinators and opens up the O scheme on so many levels.  His value is not just in his stat line but what he does for the O as a whole and also for his QB who as you point out is nothing without him.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with you that Hill should be the NFL MVP.  He is the most dominant player in the game right now.  D coordinators scheme to shut him down with double teams and he can't be stopped.  Having Hill on the field strikes fear in D coordinators and opens up the O scheme on so many levels.  His value is not just in his stat line but what he does for the O as a whole and also for his QB who as you point out is nothing without him.  

Hill is literally the perfect example of what an elite WR can do for a good/great QB. His changing teams from KC to MIA shows you how an elite WR can elevate ann offense from top 15 to top 5.

its too bad we don’t even have a good QB to get Adams involved in the offense.

41 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Hill is literally the perfect example of what an elite WR can do for a good/great QB. His changing teams from KC to MIA shows you how an elite WR can elevate ann offense from top 15 to top 5.

its too bad we don’t even have a good QB to get Adams involved in the offense.

I think he gets his tonight. LAC probably checked out they  know their coach is gone. Time to start planning tee time and Bahamas excursions.

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Remember back in the day when we would all argue about what a #1 WR is? 🤣  Hill is shattering so many preconceptions. The NFL is just weird this year. So many things happening that is unusual. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Remember back in the day when we would all argue about what a #1 WR is? 🤣  Hill is shattering so many preconceptions. The NFL is just weird this year. So many things happening that is unusual. 

I remember those conversations and @Frankie2Gunz was adamant that a #1 WR must be 6’3” or above. Talk about a take that aged like goat milk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I remember those conversations and @Frankie2Gunz was adamant that a #1 WR must be 6’3” or above. Talk about a take that aged like goat milk. 

I never said that a #1 WR has to be 6’2 or above however a prototypical #1 WR should have ideal size, wingspan and catch radius. There will always be outliers such as Hill, Antonio Brown etc.

If I’m building a prototypical Wr he would not be under 6’2. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I never said that a #1 WR has to be 6’2 or above however a prototypical #1 WR should have ideal size, wingspan and catch radius. There will always be outliers such as Hill, Antonio Brown etc.

If I’m building a prototypical Wr he would not be under 6’2. 

It’s not 2014 anymore. The only WR in the top 10 that is over 6’2” is Mike Evans. Gone are the days of Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Demaryius Thomas dominating the league with size, speed, and catch radius. 

Route running and ability to separate are way more important than height and catch radius in today’s game (I.e. Diggs, Hill, Jefferson, Adams, etc.)

19 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

It’s not 2014 anymore. The only WR in the top 10 that is over 6’2” is Mike Evans. Gone are the days of Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Demaryius Thomas dominating the league with size, speed, and catch radius. 

Route running and ability to separate are way more important than height and catch radius in today’s game (I.e. Diggs, Hill, Jefferson, Adams, etc.)

There is no doubt the game has gotten more soft however if you think prime Megatorn, Julio, Green, TO, Moss wouldn't be dominant in todays game nor would be top 10 WR's you're delusional.  

Once again my point is when building a prototypical WR I want the total package which includes height, physicality, catch radius and wingspan. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There is no doubt the game has gotten more soft however if you think prime Megatorn, Julio, Green, TO, Moss wouldn't be dominant in todays game nor would be top 10 WR's you're delusional.  

Once again my point is when building a prototypical WR I want the total package which includes height, physicality, catch radius and wingspan. 

It is interesting that College isn't producing as many of these recently. I'm genuinely curious as to why. 

Also, I have to wonder how quickly Marvin Harrison Jr shoots up the WR ranking list once he's in the league. I mean, that guy is or can be as explosive as jefferson, hill, diggs, but when you combine that with his size and physicality he's just going to dominate this league. 

• Like 1