Around The League V.2

Totty

Michael Thomas should be in the discussion for MVP. He has 5 straight games over 100 yards (7 this season), 8 or more catches in 10 out of 11 games, 23 more catches than the 2nd best on the season. He's the best and it's not close.

9 hours ago, true2form said:

A big part of Waller slowing down is because of defenses being aware of him now too. That's why guys like Williams and Renfro are being left open more. Waller has opened it up for others. Unfortunately today, the others didn't make the plays to keep drives going and completely dug us into a hole.

This is why they need another #1 WR. The Raiders need a money guy who can get those yards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Michael Thomas should be in the discussion for MVP. He has 5 straight games over 100 yards (7 this season), 8 or more catches in 10 out of 11 games, 23 more catches than the 2nd best on the season. He's the best and it's not close.

He's the most consistent but idk if he's the best. Doesn't have that game breaking ability and he's basically their only receiver on the team worth a dam so obviously he's going to get his targets. He's like a very rich man's Keenan Allen. When you watched AB the last four years with his skill set, that's best in the league type stuff.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

He's the most consistent but idk if he's the best. Doesn't have that game breaking ability and he's basically their only receiver on the team worth a dam so obviously he's going to get his targets. He's like a very rich man's Keenan Allen. When you watched AB the last four years with his skill set, that's best in the league type stuff.

He's targeted and he makes plays on every target. The only reason Thomas isn't more hyped in fan circles is because he's in the rare Nuk, Julio breed of WRs who just go out and handle their business. No talking, no diva antics. Just do it for themselves. 

I'd take Mike over Odell and his loud mouth 7 days a week.

• Like 1

I’d take MT over any WR in the league. Sure he’s not the most explosive but I’ve never seen anyone shut him down. You can’t. Best security blanket WR ever. Julio and Odell might be more explosive but they easily get shut down by top corners. 

I loved MT in the draft. I think @big_palooka was his biggest advocate if I am remembering correctly. Although I feel our fan base really like him in general more than most other fan bases. 

One of the very few Mayock has been wrong about. 

17 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We picked Jihad Ward instead!

Don't remind me. On the clock I wanted Thomas, Henry or Dieon Jones. What a waste of a pick that was.

I wanted Hargrave in the 3rd. They drafted Calhoun. 

And wierd thing in that class... round 4,  Jerry wants Cook and the Raiders trade up to take him. The Cowboys settle for Dak later in the round. Litterally nothing went right that draft except for Karl Joseph flashing....in 2019!! lol

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Don't remind me. On the clock I wanted Thomas, Henry or Dieon Jones. What a waste of a pick that was.

I wanted Hargrave in the 3rd. They drafted Calhoun. 

And wierd thing in that class... round 4,  Jerry wants Cook and the Raiders trade up to take him. The Cowboys settle for Dak later in the round. Litterally nothing went right that draft except for Karl Joseph flashing....in 2019!! lol

Jones was who I wanted there too. Actually, Joseph was my hope for us in the 2nd. Or 3rd. LOL. I also wanted Cravens (USC Homer)  but that would not have panned out I guess haha, Darnell Bing 2.0 (remember him?)

The Falcons grabbed a few guys for their defense I liked. Alford, Trufant, Jarrett. 

• Like 2

If im the Rams I am hitting the panic button. This is not a Super Bowl hang over. They have three of the worst contract on the offensive side of the ball. Goff, Gurley and Cooks. Traded away your first round picks. Likely won't be able to sign your best LB in FA. McVay got exposed by the Bears last year on SNF and the Pats just copied it. McVay has shown that he cann't make any adjustments. All this and going into a brand new stadium. Rams had there nice couple of years but they're going to be bad for a while for the decisions they have made. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If im the Rams I am hitting the panic button. This is not a Super Bowl hang over. They have three of the worst contract on the offensive side of the ball. Goff, Gurley and Cooks. Traded away your first round picks. Likely won't be able to sign your best LB in FA. McVay got exposed by the Bears last year on SNF and the Pats just copied it. McVay has shown that he cann't make any adjustments. All this and going into a brand new stadium. Rams had there nice couple of years but they're going to be bad for a while for the decisions they have made. 

Right?! Schadenfreude is the best 😈

• Like 1