Around The League V.2

Totty

We really gonna see fans at stadiums this season. Season ticket holders probably take priority over others. 

Also will be interesting in seeing who in the NFL ops out of the year. 

Edited by agarcia34

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

We really gonna see fans at stadiums this season. Season ticket holders probably take priority over others. 

Also will be interesting in seeing who in the NFL ops out of the year. 

Good luck tryna get fans to keep a mask on all game

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Was in Vegas reopening week and it was great. Staff were masked but not many visitors but now the exgf says it’s strict and enforced. The governor I think is being pressured by California to enforce because Newsom could ban travel out of state and 14 day lock down if you do like Hawaii. California is a huge chunk of revenue for Nevada. I think this because of the timing is about a week off every time Cali tightens Sisolak seems to too. Been texting friends in Colorado and they say most aren’t wearing masks and laff at how we let our ‘leaders’ dictate our lives. If it wasn’t for my job I’d be out in a month. Tempted to leave the country and stay in Thailand for a year or two but I’m not quite retirement age for that visa. Would still be fun and if I lose my ish I hope I get out instead of take out. Either way put a fork in me as I’m DONE!!! Lol

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I will be buying the “Karen... i have a disability and can’t wear a mask” ACLU and using it solely for the game I go to.  No way I’m keeping a mask on the entire time.

https://www.distractify.com/p/freedom-to-breathe-agency-face-mask-card

And I’m not the only sick MF that’s going to be spitting in his mask and using it as a Biological Weapon by flinging it at the opposing team as they head thru the tunnel IF we lose.... lol jk (kinda?)

Edited by jimkelly02

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Redskins will announce a name change tomorrow. Really intrigued with what they choose. Big fan of Washington Warriors 

That's a bit generic for me, I'd like them to use something original, what native fauna or state animal do they have?

In my mind it would be good to name them the actual name of the tribe that is depicted on the helmet (I believe that Native Americans helped design that so that shouldn't be offensive) then a percentage of the proceeds of sales of the merchandise could be donated to native Americans to promote culture, education about their history and so on. The stadium could have an educational experience telling the story of the tribe and their persecutions.

Not sure if that would be regarded as cultural appropriation but it seems like a simple solution that would benefit most.

Anything to do with government or politics would seem pretty boring to me as a team name. 

Edited by Darbsk

34 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's a bit generic for me, I'd like them to use something original, what native fauna or state animal do they have?

In my mind it would be good to name them the actual name of the tribe that is depicted on the helmet (I believe that Native Americans helped design that so that shouldn't be offensive) then a percentage if the proceeds of sales if the merchandise could be donated to native Americans to promote culture, education about their history and so on. The stafium could have an educational experience telling the story of the tribe and their persecutions.

Not sure if that would be regarded as cultural appropriation but it seems like a simple solution that would benefit most.

Anything to do with government or politics would seem pretty boring to me as a team name. 

I said something extremely similar among a few others and we had the posts deleted along with warnings.  I definitely agree on all of it except for the state animal thing since they are not a state although the vote did pass in the House.  The wood thrush, which is a small brown bird, is the official animal so not very exciting.  

Edited by drfrey13

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I said something extremely similar among a few others and we had the posts deleted along with warnings.  I definitely agree on all of it except for the state animal thing since they are not a state although the vote did pass in the House.

Hopefully we can have a respectful and grown up discussion, I don't see any reason why anything said so far would need to be deleted. I know a few of my posts were deleted previously but either you have to not talk about it at all which kind of negates the point of being on a forum or you have to allow different viewpoints so long as they're respectable to make an interesting discussion........

Names like Senators seem very bland to me, Eagles have already been taken, Wolverines is a good one but Michigan already has it so its a difficult one. How about Coyotes, Bobcats or Mountain Lions which I think they have in Maryland. 

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Hopefully we can have a respectful and grown up discussion, I don't see any reason why anything said so far would need to be deleted. I know a few of my posts were deleted previously but either you have to not talk about it at all which kind of negates the point of being on a forum or you have to allow different viewpoints so long as they're respectable to make an interesting discussion........

Names like Senators seem very bland to me, Eagles have already been taken, Wolverines is a good one but Michigan already has it so its a difficult one. How about Coyotes, Bobcats or Mountain Lions which I think they have in Maryland. 

I thought Sentinels.