Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, big_palooka said:

Earl Thomas is fairly high risk for the locker room which seems pretty together currently. 

Contracts aren't guaranteed anymore though so if he causes any trouble or distraction you can cut him immediately and lose absolutely nothing. 

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And that's why I can never blame players holding out to get paid

Yeah that was tough to see. Hopefully it's not too bad though and doesn't cause any permanent damage. Even if the Cowboys won't pay him I think someone else will be willing to take the risk. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our win against Carolina isn't looking too shabby anymore. They've won their last three games and have held Herbert, Murray, and Ryan to 16, 21, and 16.

Carolina wasn't a gimmie afterall. They are in playoff contention... this has to be one of the toughest six game starts to a season for any team in NFL History. It isn't over yet, the Bucs are frickin solid. They had a ton of injuries on that short week Thursday game. Godwin out, Scotty Miller decoy the entire game, and just the whole team banged up.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carolina wasn't a gimmie afterall. They are in playoff contention... this has to be one of the toughest six game starts to a season for any team in NFL History. It isn't over yet, the Bucs are frickin solid. They had a ton of injuries on that short week Thursday game. Godwin out, Scotty Miller decoy the entire game, and just the whole team banged up.

Realistically each of our first 7 opponents could make the playoffs this year. Tampa Bay should be a good test but I'm glad we get them after a bye week so we can get healthy. I believe that Richie is eligible to come back against them as well too. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carolina wasn't a gimmie afterall. They are in playoff contention...

Yeah it just took them some time and opening the season against us and the Buccaneers also didn't really help. It was going to take them some time with a rookie head coach and offensive coordinator. Bridgewater has played really well and Moore/Anderson is probably the most underrated starting WR duo in the league. 

55 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Was a big fan of him coming out of OSU. And I’d also rather have him than Mariota. Obviously his 5th year would be pricey, but we could decline that. Wonder what the price is 

It sounds pricey but is a 5th really that bad?

considering a good backup gets 5-7M and that money can be used elsewhere to land a starter.... I’m just saying when you factor in the fact we’d have a solid backup who could prolly come in and win a game here and there.... plus the low cap cost means more money for other positions.... I think it’s not a bad idea.

plus.... there’s always the chance that he could turn into a decent starter in 2 years+.   Carr’s under thru ‘22 and Haskins is thru ‘22 but has an option year in ‘23.  It’d give us a Leverage in resigning Carr (assuming we want to).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-fifth-year-option-tracker-salaries-guide-to-2017-first-round-pick-decisions-for-each-team/amp/

5th year option for a #15 pick QB from 2017 draft is 17.54M.... Haskins is from 2019 draft so I’d assume he’d cost around 19M as a 5th year option.  If by then he’s a decent starter then it’s a good price but obviously he’d have to establish himself as a starter over Carr, which is doubtful.

Edited by jimkelly02