Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And 25 mill per year is laughable for a QB who has been hot trash 3 out his 5 years in the league, but I dont see you hating on Carr's money.

This is the stupidest thing I've read on this site in a long time. 

If you even remotely believe this, you literally have no understanding of continuity, a supporting cast, etc.

Stop being so dramatic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I know I pull for him more than most here but he had over 1K and 7 TDs last year while being ignored in Oakland and having no chemistry with Dak.  I think he is easily more efficient than AB next year and could easily beat him in overall stats.  1200 yds and 10+ TDs is my low end projection for him next year if they stay healthy.  If he gets 150 targets he could easily lead the league in multiple positive categories.  He is a top ten WR next year.

You're saying that 1200 yards and double-digit touchdowns are his FLOOR?

If he "easily" is more efficient than AB and could "easily" beat him in stats, why hasn't he done it yet in 4 years in the league?

Ben threw literally the most uncatchable balls in the league to AB last year, so that makes Amari "more efficient"?

You literally have been taking veiled shots at Carr left and right. Just own it so later this year, we can hear you backtrack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And 25 mill per year is laughable for a QB who has been hot trash 3 out his 5 years in the league, but I dont see you hating on Carr's money.

You clearly don't understand football let alone the QB position.  Carr the last 2 seasons has had a bottom 3 supporting cast on both sides of the ball and if you don't see that you're beyond clueless.  He will ball out next season, mark my words.

Cooper has had no excuses as to why he disappears for weeks on end.  No one in Oakland trusted him as an elite number 1, the old coaching staff, the new coaching staff, Carr etc.  Cooper pulled his Houdini act with Carr and in 7 of his 9 games with the all mighty (overrated) Dak at the helm.  Yeah the elite Cooper averaged 46 yards and .14 TD's in those 7 games. 

I think I read on here someone comparing Cooper to AB which must be some kind of sick joke.  They are not in the same universe in terms of playing WR and I will concede the only advantage Cooper possesses over AB is age, that is it...

• Like 2

When thrown to Cooper was more efficient than AB last year.  Just stats.  

YARDS PER RECEPTION YARDS PER TARGET YARDS PER PASS ROUTE CATCHABLE TARGET RATE TARGET QUALITY RATING  CATCH RATE  TRUE CATCH RATE
13.4 9.3 2.13 75.0%  (81 tgts) 7.5 69.4% 92.6%
#48 #24 #32 #68 #70 #29 #7

YARDS PER RECEPTION YARDS PER TARGET YARDS PER PASS ROUTE CATCHABLE TARGET RATE TARGET QUALITY RATING  CATCH RATE  TRUE CATCH RATE
12.5 7.7 2.11 71.0%  (120 tgts) 7.7 61.5% 86.7%
#62 #60 #35 #86 #58 #65 #29

Which player do you want from last year from an efficiency stand point?  Cooper played with no chemistry or off season with Dak and his per game numbers over a season would have been 95 Rec for 1288 yds and 11 TDs so yes after an off-season and building some chemistry he should be able to reach those numbers if he stays healthy.  Everyone wants to see Carr in the 2nd year of Gruden's offence but Cooper sucks putting up those numbers without even knowing his surroundings.  I am not saying Carr sucks but I am saying that Carr had a large role in Cooper sucking as well as his success his first 2 years.  Go ahead and bring this up later because I have already said it that I believe Cooper will have a better year than Brown if they are both healthy.

Cooper also played in a scheme based on Zeke running and opening up lots of stuff for Dak and his receivers...also that OL is a good one, which help a lot...

Steelers also has/had a good OL, but their running game wasn't that effective. They areial attack made the running game gonig, not the other way around like in Dallas...big difference IMO

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is the stupidest thing I've read on this site in a long time. 

If you even remotely believe this, you literally have no understanding of continuity, a supporting cast, etc.

Stop being so dramatic.

I really dont take anything you or Frankie say about Carr serious, it's just a bunch of blabbering excuses for Carr and why he has underperformed. 

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I really dont take anything you or Frankie say about Carr serious, it's just a bunch of blabbering excuses for Carr and why he has underperformed. 

We will see next season when all of you are on Carr's jock.

7 of 9 games in Dallas the all mighty Cooper averaged 46 yards and .14 TD's.  Care to comment on those eye popping "elite WR' stats?  

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

When thrown to Cooper was more efficient than AB last year.  Just stats.  

13.4 9.3 2.13 75.0%  (81 tgts) 7.5 69.4% 92.6%
#48 #24 #32 #68 #70 #29 #7

12.5 7.7 2.11 71.0%  (120 tgts) 7.7 61.5% 86.7%
#62 #60 #35 #86 #58 #65 #29

Which player do you want from last year from an efficiency stand point?  Cooper played with no chemistry or off season with Dak and his per game numbers over a season would have been 95 Rec for 1288 yds and 11 TDs so yes after an off-season and building some chemistry he should be able to reach those numbers if he stays healthy.  Everyone wants to see Carr in the 2nd year of Gruden's offence but Cooper sucks putting up those numbers without even knowing his surroundings.  I am not saying Carr sucks but I am saying that Carr had a large role in Cooper sucking as well as his success his first 2 years.  Go ahead and bring this up later because I have already said it that I believe Cooper will have a better year than Brown if they are both healthy.

Sorry but i gotta disagree with this, the Cowboys have nothing else but Cooper and Zeke. Dak is one of the most inaccurate QBs in the NFL. Cooper’s habit of disappearing for games at a time doesn’t help him either. Projecting stats is hard because if anything goes wrong it’ll hurt Cooper’s ability to put numbers up. If Zeke gets injured, if Dak goes cold, if teams double up on Coop because the Cowboys don’t have anyone else to take pressure off. I haven’t been following the Cowboys offseason but with the Raiders it seems like Carr and AB have pretty good chemistry already. I know it’s minicamps but according to reports it seems like AB is on a whole other level to everyone else. The Raiders have a fantastic group on offense with the only questions being on the line and TE. AB has been historically good and doesn’t show signs of age as of now. He’s a model of consistency which isn’t something you can say about cooper. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

And that's whats funny about the CarrHomers. They will deflect blame and throw out every excuse in the book for Carr, but wont afford other players the same. Amari Cooper was traded mid season, had to learn an entirely new offense on the fly and played with an arguably worse QB in Dak Prescott. And he still put up almost 900 yards in 11 games, but they are finding a way to discredit Coop to prop up Carr.

Is Coop the most consistent WR? Hell no. But the cowgirls actually threw him the ball and allowed him to gain confidence. He had 94 targets with Dallas. Here with Carr, he had 31 targets in his 6 games in Oakland last year - 21 of those coming in two games...oddly enough, those were his two most productive games for us. Funny how that works huh? Throw your best WR the ball and he wont disappear so much what a concept. 

Guys like Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Diggs, and Theilen all got paid - I dont see why its such a surprise Coop will get paid. He deserves too. Only 25 with 3 1k seasons under his belt and looks to be a top 10 WR for a long time. 

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We will see next season when all of you are on Carr's jock.

7 of 9 games in Dallas the all mighty Cooper averaged 46 yards and .14 TD's.  Care to comment on those eye popping "elite WR' stats?  

Take away Carrs two best games from last year and tell me what his numbers look like. 

Which WR has Carr elevated in his career? Andre Holmes? Seth Roberts? Kembrell Thompkins?

And for Carr's sake, I hope I am on his jock next year. Because if he pulls the same crap he did with Cooper, AB will run his a$$ outta town. Hes not the timid nice kid that Amari is. Get him the ball or Carr will hear about it.

26 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Take away Carrs two best games from last year and tell me what his numbers look like. 

Which WR has Carr elevated in his career? Andre Holmes? Seth Roberts? Kembrell Thompkins?

And for Carr's sake, I hope I am on his jock next year. Because if he pulls the same crap he did with Cooper, AB will run his a$$ outta town. Hes not the timid nice kid that Amari is. Get him the ball or Carr will hear about it.

3267 yards 14 TDs 6 Int

233 ypg   1 TD/pg   .42 Int/pg

James Jones - most targets and receptions in a single season with Carr

Michael Crabtree - 2 of his 3 best seasons came with Carr

Amari Cooper - As of now, his 2 best seasons were with Carr

Jordy Nelson - numbers went up exponentially over his last year in GB. I know I know

Jared Cook - Career year with you guessed it

Instead of focusing on why Carr hasn't elevated the trash receivers he's had like the ones you mentioned.  Why can't you look at it the way some of us are and saying, gee if we ever get him some non-trashed receivers look out!! Better question, who has left the Raiders and become this huge break out player away from Carr?  Coop is all you have to hold onto at this point.

We will all see this year though.  AB is hands down the best WR he has ever had.  No other WR has even come close to his production and to anoint Coop before he's done it is foolish.

Edited by true2form
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, true2form said:

3267 yards 14 TDs 6 Int

233 ypg   1 TD/pg   .42 Int/pg

So tyrod Taylor type #s...for 25 mill. K

4 hours ago, true2form said:

James Jones - most targets and receptions in a single season with Carr

Michael Crabtree - 2 of his 3 best seasons came with Carr

Amari Cooper - As of now, his 2 best seasons were with Carr

Jordy Nelson - numbers went up exponentially over his last year in GB. I know I know

Jared Cook - Career year with you guessed it

You really brought up Carr improving a broken down Jordy Nelson's #s when the prior year he had Brett Hundley throwing him the ball. 😭 small victories, I guess. The only receiver you could remotely argue Carr elevated is Jared Cook. He didnt elevate Crabtree by much, if at all.

Crabtree in SF averaged (excluding the year he tore his Achilles) 65 REC, 808 Yards, 6 Touchdowns.

3 years in Oakland he averaged 77 Rec, 847 Yards, 8 Touchdowns. 

And remember, in SF Crabtree played in a run first offense with a running QB in Kap. Slight uptick in TD catches, but for the most part Crab was the same guy hes always been. 

Instead of focusing on why Carr hasn't elevated the trash receivers he's had like the ones you mentioned.  Why can't you look at it the way some of us are and saying, gee if we ever get him some non-trashed receivers look out!! Better question, who has left the Raiders and become this huge break out player away from Carr?  Coop is all you have to hold onto at this point.

Coop's success in Dallas looks pretty damning on Carr's behalf at the moment .There were weeks and months where Carr wouldn't even look Coops way instead opting throwing the ball to Seth Roberts. Then all of a sudden coop goes to Dallas and looks like a top 7 WR in the league mid season. He even stopped dropping passes. So yeah, it looks away right now. Sorry but it does until Carr proves he can successfully build a rapport with a WR.

We will all see this year though.  AB is hands down the best WR he has ever had.  No other WR has even come close to his production and to anoint Coop before he's done it is foolish.

Indeed we will. And I agree on you with AB. He's undeniably a top 2 WR in the game, currently on one of the most productive streaks ever for a WR in NFL history and has a chance to be a HOF. Acquiring a talent like that puts even more pressure on Carr because there litterally arent anymore excuses. 

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Go ahead and bring this up later because I have already said it that I believe Cooper will have a better year than Brown if they are both healthy.

Brown is in a different tier than Coop, but I too wouldn't be surprised if Coop has a better year next year.

I'm predicting 1100 yards for AB next year. Not bad at all but I think he will miss all the improvisational plays Ben made, extending plays and breaking three tackles firing darts to AB. Whereas with Carr he simply cant do what ben does.

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Sorry but i gotta disagree with this, the Cowboys have nothing else but Cooper and Zeke. Dak is one of the most inaccurate QBs in the NFL. Cooper’s habit of disappearing for games at a time doesn’t help him either. Projecting stats is hard because if anything goes wrong it’ll hurt Cooper’s ability to put numbers up. If Zeke gets injured, if Dak goes cold, if teams double up on Coop because the Cowboys don’t have anyone else to take pressure off. I haven’t been following the Cowboys offseason but with the Raiders it seems like Carr and AB have pretty good chemistry already. I know it’s minicamps but according to reports it seems like AB is on a whole other level to everyone else. The Raiders have a fantastic group on offense with the only questions being on the line and TE. AB has been historically good and doesn’t show signs of age as of now. He’s a model of consistency which isn’t something you can say about cooper. 

You have good points and you are correct that Dallas could have a very up and down offence next year.  I believe the reason why Cooper had games where he disappeared last year are the exact reasons why you think it could happen next year but he still produced at a high level.  It will come down to health, Gallup and Cobb, and production from the TE position.  There are many reasons to believe AB could have a down year next year also.  I believe AB will make us better but at the same time we will make him look worse.  We already saw Cooper's impact on the Cowboys and when teams wanted to shut down Cooper it opened everything else up for the other players.  AB is going from the #2 passing offense with weapons everywhere and you could argue he was the #2 WR, more like 1a and 1b, on his own team to the 18th passing offense with question marks everywhere.  Cooper is easily the more efficient player and AB is a volume WR.  Remember I said Cooper = efficient not consistent and if Carr (and the rest of the team) puts it all together or offense could be a juggernaut.  I just think it does not all com together next year.  AB is at the top of his game and one the best in the league and Cooper is young and growing with huge potential to become even better.  I would take either WR but based upon all the variables I believe Cooper has the better year next year.  Lets hope they both have amazing years and we can beat the Boys in the Super Bowl.