Around The League V.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We get them next week. One of us will go from being 3-0 to 3-3, lol.

Problem is no matter what you can’t trust the Raiders LOL. I can’t assume that they’re going to beat anyone until you watch what they look like in the third quarter

I’ll probably do a real one later, but my power rankings would probably look like this:

1. Arizona Cardinals

2. Buffalo Bills

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4. Los Angeles Chargers

5. Green Bay Packers

6. Los Angeles Rams

7. Cleveland Browns

8. Baltimore Ravens

9. Kansas City Chiefs (oh how the mighty have fallen…)

10. Dallas Cowboys

11. Tennessee Titans

12. Carolina Panthers

13. New Orleans Saints

14. Chicago Bears

15. Las Vegas Raiders

16. Cincinnati Bengals

17. Denver Broncos

18. San Francisco 49ers

No one else really worth mentioning. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I guess it does bring comfort to know that the chief are getting smashed right now. 

The Chiefs have lost to the Chargers, Ravens, and Bills. 3 teams with 1 loss this season, they have a few easy games on their upcoming slate, they'll be back. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Broncos getting smashed. Although a lot of it has been bad luck. They have literally dropped about 7 Ben interceptions. Could easily be a blowout the other way. 

I have never thought Denver is better than us in any way. We are decisively better. I just predicted a split, with a close loss in Denver by 3 points, and we destroy them in Vegas. It’s hard to sweep anyyyy team and Denver’s front seven against our OL is going to be our second biggest mismatch of the year only behind Cleveland game

I think a lot of this is exaggerated, but the highlighted bit I wouldn't agree with.

Denver's front 7 right now is in bad, bad shape and they struggle massively (like last season) against Power Offenses, just like your own.

There isn't anywhere near enough disruptive talent on the inside. Dre'Mont Jones is too light and not good enough as a pass rusher to compensate, Shelby Harris looks so out of shape on the back of being paid, and the rest of our DL are just simply not talented enough.

Malik Reed is consistently single blocked and doesn't disrupt the passer, and whilst the double teams definitely are impacting him, Von just hasn't been good enough these past 2 games.

This Defense has fallen apart since Josey Jewell went down (on frickin Special Teams) and his replacement (Strnad) has been a huge drop off.

With Chubb out, this front 7 is league average in all honesty. The strength of this team should be the Secondary, yet they've been cooked the last 2 weeks (Kyle Fuller especially).

I think the Raiders are a terrible matchup for the Broncos. Unless Denver's Offense can somehow find a way to sustain long drives by not committing moronic penalties and drops, I expect a significant time of possession advantage for the Raiders and a rather comfortable win.

48 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think a lot of this is exaggerated, but the highlighted bit I wouldn't agree with.

Denver's front 7 right now is in bad, bad shape and they struggle massively (like last season) against Power Offenses, just like your own.

There isn't anywhere near enough disruptive talent on the inside. Dre'Mont Jones is too light and not good enough as a pass rusher to compensate, Shelby Harris looks so out of shape on the back of being paid, and the rest of our DL are just simply not talented enough.

Malik Reed is consistently single blocked and doesn't disrupt the passer, and whilst the double teams definitely are impacting him, Von just hasn't been good enough these past 2 games.

This Defense has fallen apart since Josey Jewell went down (on frickin Special Teams) and his replacement (Strnad) has been a huge drop off.

With Chubb out, this front 7 is league average in all honesty. The strength of this team should be the Secondary, yet they've been cooked the last 2 weeks (Kyle Fuller especially).

I think the Raiders are a terrible matchup for the Broncos. Unless Denver's Offense can somehow find a way to sustain long drives by not committing moronic penalties and drops, I expect a significant time of possession advantage for the Raiders and a rather comfortable win.

I’d say we’re more of a team masquerading as a power offense right now, than a team actually playing like that. Gruden wants to be a clock-managing, pound-it-up-the-middle type team, but that’s just not who we are since we inexplicably decided to rip apart our strong OL from last season. We can barely move the ball on the ground at all, we’re terrible in short yardage situations, we’ve replaced an elite Center in Rodney Hudson with a guy who gets pancaked regularly, and in Jon Gruden we’ve got a play caller who is frustratingly predictable in trying to pound it up the middle every single time, which is easy for opposing DCs to plan for.

Any success we’ve had right now has been when we’ve finally abandoned the run in the second half and Derek Carr has just started airing it out.

I don’t doubt that the Broncos have unexpectedly underperformed in certain facets of the game, but I don’t think we’re as much of a bad matchup for you as we were the past couple of years. Would love to be wrong on this, of course.

• Like 1