Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I was gonna wait til the end of the sophomore season, but yeah, I was wrong on Herbert. Looks like Oregon even held him back. I focused too much on his low YPA. 

I tried to tell you man! He had zero skill position players his last year at Oregon. Great Oline, but nothing else around him. It killed me he went to the Chargers because I love him as a QB and he's exceeded my expectations for what he can do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I’d say we’re more of a team masquerading as a power offense right now, than a team actually playing like that. Gruden wants to be a clock-managing, pound-it-up-the-middle type team, but that’s just not who we are since we inexplicably decided to rip apart our strong OL from last season. We can barely move the ball on the ground at all, we’re terrible in short yardage situations, we’ve replaced an elite Center in Rodney Hudson with a guy who gets pancaked regularly, and in Jon Gruden we’ve got a play caller who is frustratingly predictable in trying to pound it up the middle every single time, which is easy for opposing DCs to plan for.

Any success we’ve had right now has been when we’ve finally abandoned the run in the second half and Derek Carr has just started airing it out.

I don’t doubt that the Broncos have unexpectedly underperformed in certain facets of the game, but I don’t think we’re as much of a bad matchup for you as we were the past couple of years. Would love to be wrong on this, of course.

You think we could see a situation similar to the 2002 year?  Gruden is gone but his system is in place and Gannon has a career year.

18 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Gruden sucks. It's time for him to go.

Agree but who takes over.  Bradley is not a good head coach and I want to keep him at DC.  Only other option is Cable.  I want him gone also.  If Gruden is gone we might actually have a GM that gets to make his own decisions.

5 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Ever!! I was pounding the table for Jaylon. Physical corner that tackles well. That was a huge miss 

Yep. You, me, @Darbsk and @raidr4life were “all in” for Jaylon at 19. I wanted him pretty bad.

I also disagree he wasn’t a scheme fit. He’s very physical. Speed not bad at 4.50 either. From my time watching CB’s, 4.52 and under is usually totally fine. Same with receivers, low 4.5 is fine. Although obviously 4.4 speed is always ideal for the NFL. 

• Like 1

I'm watching the Jags and Phins game.  Tua is such a bum it's not funny. 

I have zero clue as to why there were so many on this forum calling him and "elite, can't miss prospect".  

I wish some of you and the TV talking head stooges would admit you were ignoring the glaring deficiencies Tua possesses that were so obvious to me.  

I cringe watching him play as he does nothing well and makes horrific decisions.  

Where are the Tank for Tua homers now?  LOL  Can any of you imagine how disastrous it would have been to move on from Carr and mortgage the future to move up for that bum? 

Catastrophic is too kind of a word for a setback like that....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm watching the Jags and Phins game.  Tua is such a bum it's not funny. 

I have zero clue as to why there were so many on this forum calling him and "elite, can't miss prospect".  

I wish some of you and the TV talking head stooges would admit you were ignoring the glaring deficiencies Tua possesses that were so obvious to me.  

I cringe watching him play as he does nothing well and makes horrific decisions.  

Where are the Tank for Tua homers now?  LOL  Can any of you imagine how disastrous it would have been to move on from Carr and mortgage the future to move up for that bum? 

Catastrophic is too kind of a word for a setback like that....

wish the Chargers drafted Tua instead of Herbert 

• Like 1