The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

For QB coach though? Not asking him to coordinate the offense just do QB stuff with Dak

If 32 NFL teams and what, 200 college programs don’t have him in already, what’s the point of kicking the tires on a high school coach? 

Not very intriging to me

50 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

STOP IT!!!!

I don't know how many HOF QBs would have won when their defense doesn't show up at all. Or even worse, play their worst defense in a quarter century perhaps..

Perhaps you should re-read the post. I said if we had even a partially creative offense AND a more capable QB. Quincy had an average game. Again, the expectation should ALWAYS be that a playoff QB is capable of putting the team on his back an leading them to a win, not hope that every other element does its job so he doesn’t have to.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

Perhaps you should re-read the post. I said if we had even a partially creative offense AND a more capable QB. Quincy had an average game. Again, the expectation should ALWAYS be that a playoff QB is capable of putting the team on his back an leading them to a win, not hope that every other element does its job so he doesn’t have to.

maybe we have different opinions of a "QB putting his team on his back" but I don't know if there has been a single QB who could do that. John Elway came close. But failed over and over again until he had Terrell Davis and a strong running game.

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

If 32 NFL teams and what, 200 college programs don’t have him in already, what’s the point of kicking the tires on a high school coach? 

Not very intriging to me

Kellen Moore wasn't even coaching pee wee.

5 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Not very intriging to me

I don't have a problem with Kitna. The dude carved out a decent career in the NFL and was a decent vet backup during Romo's earlier years. Maybe he's received offers and turned them down? 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I don't have a problem with Kitna. The dude carved out a decent career in the NFL and was a decent vet backup during Romo's earlier years. Maybe he's received offers and turned them down? 

Exactly, some of those coaches were working their way through the ranks while Kitna was working as an actual NFL QB. 

Honestly knew the emergence of Cooper and Dak putting up better numbers even as average as they were was going to buy Garrett and SL time. Garrett’s time was bought when the team made the playoffs. I don’t believe at any point was he ever in danger of getting canned even at 3-5 when things looked bleak. SL as of now managed to buy himself more time when the offense started to flow better with Cooper. I want him gone like all of you and a replacement doesn’t even have to be some hot shot young hungry OC just a guy who can implement some scheme that suits the offense. SL is just a dinosaur set in his ways with zero vision. He has no drive to be better or try new things. He calls them “wrinkles” that we’ll see one game and that’s the last of it. Or totally go away from the best thing going on the offense in the running game. This dude literally will abandon anything that works 

3 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Honestly knew the emergence of Cooper and Dak putting up better numbers even as average as they were was going to buy Garrett and SL time. Garrett’s time was bought when the team made the playoffs. I don’t believe at any point was he ever in danger of getting canned even at 3-5 when things looked bleak. SL as of now managed to buy himself more time when the offense started to flow better with Cooper. I want him gone like all of you and a replacement doesn’t even have to be some hot shot young hungry OC just a guy who can implement some scheme that suits the offense. SL is just a dinosaur set in his ways with zero vision. He has no drive to be better or try new things. He calls them “wrinkles” that we’ll see one game and that’s the last of it. Or totally go away from the best thing going on the offense in the running game. This dude literally will abandon anything that works 

Like abandoning the run when it’s 1st and Goal at the 2 yard line, opting to go 4 wide out of the shotgun on three consecutive plays.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Like abandoning the run when it’s 1st and Goal at the 2 yard line, opting to go 4 wide out of the shotgun on three consecutive plays.

The only time he tries to get cute and creative is when he shouldnt.

18 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

No. ALWAYS... lol Even Brady was just along for the ride in his first Super Bowl run.

You are doing mental gymnastics trying to place some blame on Dak. Hmmm... I wonder if calling him Quincy all year has placed you in a position that you are now dug into, and will never retreat from no matter the facts. I mean, our all-world RB had 50yrds, and our Defense was historically bad, at doing what they are supposed to be great at... but "Quuuiiiinnnccccy..."

Also, maybe you should start calling Aaron Rodgers Quincy.

Archived