NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

1 minute ago, SWATcha said:

Dang, that's kind of a crazy stat, 0-8 with him as ref. I don't remember the first NO-LAR game being overly poor on the officiating end though. Maybe the Rams will be 1-8 with him officiating after this game ;)

Eh, if I start talking about it again, I'm sure we'll get the same cast of characters saying that I'm just crazy. I won't get into all of the little things that bothered me. I'll just say that they "blew" that 4th down call that completely changed the game (the Hekker fake where he got the first down). I guess we'll see if he shuts me up with a well-called game this time.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, if I start talking about it again, I'm sure we'll get the same cast of characters saying that I'm just crazy. I won't get into all of the little things that bothered me. I'll just say that they "blew" that 4th down call that completely changed the game (the Hekker fake where he got the first down). I guess we'll see if he shuts me up with a well-called game this time.

Bro, you're crazy and clearly a homer. 

ONLY a crazy person and a homer would know a stat about a record in games officiated by a particular ref. :D

1 hour ago, btfd16 said:

But if you take out Kamara's 23 yard catch and 15 yard run, he only had 3.7 per touch. Better equivalency?

Why would you take out multiple plays? Even so I suppose that would be a far better average at 3.7 per touch taking out his best 2 touches than say a guy like Gurley when he played the Saints. If you take out Gurleys best 2 touches in that game I'd imagine he'd be around 1-2 yards per touch?

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Why would you take out multiple plays? Even so I suppose that would be a far better average at 3.7 per touch taking out his best 2 touches than say a guy like Gurley when he played the Saints. If you take out Gurleys best 2 touches in that game I'd imagine he'd be around 1-2 yards per touch?

Because he took out Gurley's first half 14 yarder and his second half 24 yarder. I don't really care tbh.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I had forgotten about that play.....I thought he had the 1st as well. Make up call incoming 2 months later maybe?!

Still, not as bad as my favorite worst call of the year, the "Dak in the grass" call. Since it was his own lineman that was hugging him, did he get credit for the sack?! lol

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Congrats saint fans. Hate y’all doe. Hope the AFC wins it so sick of old

man scrub Brees 

We hate you too Rammy.

Old man scrub Brees says he forgives you for being a doubting heathen. 

59 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And the bulk of those 62 yards came on what, a 35 yarder? Ingram was contained pretty much the entire game.

So you get to take away a play, and say he was contained.

As for Kamara and his 40 yarder getting called back for holding, well, then it wasn't a 40 yarder without holding and becomes a moot point. If a hole is opened up by holdiing, the yards are arguably only a product of the hold, not merely "lost yardage that should have counted". 

But I don't get to note a play where Kamara beat his guy badly deep for a 40+ yard touchdown? Seems silly to me.

2nd ranked run D, first ranked run O. That's kind of a moot point until the game actually gets played. Besides, Dallas had the 5th ranked run D and that didn't do very much for them did it?

The Saints played the Rams before without Davenport at DE in the lineup the first go around. The Rams didn't break 100 yards rushing. The Saints have also continued to improve on defense since that matchup.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Pretty sure he only took out the 24 yarder and that's it.

Page 13:

In the first half Gurley had carries of 2, 5, 14, 8, 4, 0, 3, 4. He averaged 5 YPC on the dot but outside of the 14 yard gain he was very well contained. The story was the exact same in the second half. He had carries of 0, 3, 0, 24, 5, 2, 1. He averaged 5 YPC but take out that 24 yard run and he was very well contained, again.

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Take out Gurley's best 2 runs and he was still better than Ingram yesterday...just sayin. 

Just now, tyler735 said:

Lol ref excuses and Rams fans...Name a better combo

Ref excuses and Cowboys fans... hahah I'm not one to blame refs very often but the 0-8 and more penalty yards in all 8 does seem like an anomaly. 

Just now, El ramster said:

It’s ok. Y’all only have a year or 2 left. After that you’ll go back to aints.. end game baby.

end game. 

You're just jealous when the Rams sucked that they didn't have super cool custom bags to put over their heads.

Archived