AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

6 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Lol at Watkins being elite 

He doesn't put up top stats and his injuries will never allow that but when healthy, he has elite talent. Size, Speed, ability to separate, one of the best route runners in the game and one of the best set of hands in the game. 

It's not even arguable. 

Its hard to judge a players ability when they fail the availability test.

• Watkins is fast, dangerous, a TD threat, etc.
  • He is not elite.
  • His career highs are 1047 yards and 9 TDs
  • He has 85 yards in 2 playoff games.

He can get behind you like DeSean Jackson but if Watkins and Jackson are elite then you just mean NFL talent elite or 1 of 25 fast guys elite.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not sure which is more loathsome:

The Patriots claiming to be underdogs/a Cinderella story

or

That they actually believe it themselves

pats are absolutely underdogs.... vegas backs that up. #1 seed at arrowhead vs a team that lost its top receiving threat.

4 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

pats are absolutely underdogs.... vegas backs that up. #1 seed at arrowhead vs a team that lost its top receiving threat.

They aren’t a Cinderra Story or a David vs Goliath. That’s my whole point.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They aren’t a Cinderra Story or a David vs Goliath. That’s my whole point.

I agree. Playing up the whole "us against the world" schtick or the "bet against us" (Pats are taking 71% of tickets on the ML at William Hill)

16 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Chiefs are favorites among Vegas, fans, media and experts. So not sure why the Patriots aren't allowed to play the underdog card when they are in fact underdogs.

5 reasons in the last 18 years is why.

You Boston fans are just intentionally obtuse here. It’s hilarious 

Since we're down to Friday now, I'll make my pick. As I said earlier Arrowhead is such a tough environment. With the Chiefs having virtually everything going for them and the Patriots (aside from last weeks performance) not having much going for them, I'll take the Chiefs. I do think it can be close and if I had to choose between taking the points and going against it, I would probably take the -3. Just a gut feeling. 

I still have the winner of this game winning the Super Bowl in Atlanta in two weeks. I think the Chiefs are in a great position to do that. It would be a great story for Reid to finally get that monkey off of his back and be able to retire at some point saying he won at least one NFL Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Chiefs are favorites among Vegas, fans, media and experts. So not sure why the Patriots aren't allowed to play the underdog card when they are in fact underdogs.

Were they underdogs against the Chargers too? (No). Because they played it up then...

Also, Vegas is saying *technically* (heavy on the technically) that they are even teams. Home field gives 3 points.

I don't think we are saying they aren't literally underdogs, it's just this "nobody believes in us" schtick which is simply not true.

Archived