Fletcher Cox Appreciation Thread

Jeezla

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

Are we just gonna brush by this phallic pun gem?!

Country Cox is a beast!  Just fought to come back and played with heart.  Peters, though, took himself out again. SMH.

He takes himself out when he knows his play would be detrimental. Man is turning 37 next week, miracle he's even still n the league. Do not question that man's heart!

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He takes himself out when he knows his play would be detrimental. Man is turning 37 next week, miracle he's even still n the league. Do not question that man's heart!

Check my sig...I love the man (he's like our team Suge Knight), so don't get it twisted but a 75% Peters is better than a 100% Vatai. Regardless, I think we all can say that he's done but this is a Cox Appreciation thread.

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Honestly I don´t think the difference between Donald and Cox is that much. Yes Donald is the better pass rusher but I think Cox is the more rounded player and how often do we see him making tackles past the line of scrimmage with great hustle.

It's not as large a gap as many put out there but Sack totals will always dominate the discussion. People are obsessed with them as the tell tell sign of greatness.

However it truly doesn't matter if he's  the best, 2nd best, 3rd behind Watt, whatever. He's as much a Future HOF as them if he continues to play at this pace. That's all that matters.

It's the equivalent of arguing who's  better between

Dawk, Ed and Troy.

In the end, all HOF talented Safeties. No difference  here at DT. Gladly and thankfully take any of the 3.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's not as large a gap as many put out there but Sack totals will always dominate the discussion. People are obsessed with them as the tell tell sign of greatness.

However it truly doesn't matter if he's  the best, 2nd best, 3rd behind Watt, whatever. He's as much a Future HOF as them if he continues to play at this pace. That's all that matters.

It's the equivalent of arguing who's  better between

Dawk, Ed and Troy.

In the end, all HOF talented Safeties. No difference  here at DT. Gladly and thankfully take any of the 3.

Dawk is better okay?

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

So what's the eagles all time defense looking like now? I think Fletcher and Jenkins might be on it now.

FS Dawkins

SS 2004 Michael Lewis

CB Troy Vincent

CB Lito Sheppard

MLB Chuck Bednarik

OLB: Seth Joyner

OLB

DE: Trent Cole

DE REGGIE WHITE

DT Fletcher Cox

DT Jerome Brown

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

i think jenkins has surpassed hopkins 

I dunno man. We’re talking about all time, all time. Jenkins only been here 5 years. Hopkins has an all pro on his resume. Jenkins is invaluable to this defense and maybe contributed more but Hop has some stats to argue for. (5th most ints in history). 12 sacks. Not bad for a DB. 

Archived