Unbreakable Record: 8 Consecutive CC Title Games?

x0x

Will any team break the Patriot's 8 Consecutive Conference Title Game Appearances?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be broken?

• Yes, eventually.
    • No, never.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:27 AM, Kip Smithers said:

A straw man if I ever saw one. My initial post stated that the Patriots are great and theyd still be great in any other division. But I said if they were any other division they wouldn’t make it 8 straight which is not a shocking statement or one to find so objectionable. If you believe that they’d still make it 8 straight your essentially saying that divisions don’t matter essentially. Playing a team once in a season compared to two in a season is markedly different than playing them once. Furthermore, comparing his record against the NFC is futile because you play them every 4 years. And teams can change a lot during that time. And you play most AFC teams every 3 years. It’s not a hot take to say that if the patriots had to play Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cinch twice a year (one home, one road) that they wouldn’t make it to 8 straight

The numbers I posted earlier prove they would have made it to 7 of the 8 in a row.

They would be in 12 AFCCGs instead of 13

The only straw is between the ears of fools who devote their sad lives to flailing and failing at undermining the GoaT.

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

But you haven’t provided any evidence to suggest there is anything special about those teams which would cause NE not to beat them in the regular season and gain homefield in the playoffs. The one “Great” team in the afc north NE has owned for 20 years. 

What “good” stretches have the Browns or raiders have had? The raiders have literally sucked since 2003 with the exception of 2016. 

They don’t have to be special they’re just substantially better than what they currently face. 

You point to the Raiders and Browns which is one team in each division. Last time I checked there are two other teams to account for in each division. Patriots have largely had no resistance from any of the other three teams. If they had one team then fine but they haven’t 

On 1/17/2019 at 11:37 AM, FrantikRam said:

It's NOT about how the Patriots have played against their division rivals - all teams should lose more to their rivals than they do other teams as a percentage - because you play those teams twice a year, obviously they are going to know you better. Not only that, sometimes they will construct their team to play against yours.

this statement actually hurt my head. 

how can all teams lose more (as a percentage) when the average outcome of a game is .500? you understand that for every team that wins a corresponding team loses. right? example: the chiefs are playing a non-rival in the seahawks. are BOTH teams more likely to win the game because they aren't division rivals? conversely, if the cowboys played the eagles are both team less likely to win the game since they're rivals?

good teams tend to win more and bad teams tend to win less, it's pretty much as simple as that.

It is possible only if you have a QB who can turn average WR into playmakers, who can turn short n slow WR into playmakers.

Don't tell me it is Belichick, it is like claiming that defenders have to leave some space open for Brady to throw to, because Belichick is standing across fields.

FYI, on 40 yard dash time : Tyreek Hill, 4'21; Brandin Cook, 4'33; Julian Edelmen, 4'52.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:06 PM, Elky said:

How many times does this myth need to be debunked before people stop using it?

In order to have made it to all of those AFCCG The Patriots had to beat some good teams along way.  Its not like they got two bye weeks in the playoffs.  Brady and Behl are the GOAT QB Coach combo!

On 1/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, x0x said:

I think it stretches out to 9 next year and then no team makes 6 straight CC for at least 30 years.

In 53 years of NFL (edit Super Bowl history) history no other team had more than 5. That's the Raiders. Then you have several ties for 4.

13 hours ago, lancerman said:

In 53 years of NFL (edit Super Bowl history) history no other team had more than 5. That's the Raiders. Then you have several ties for 4.

Yes I listed this in the OP. I'm just being conservative. I frankly think the NFL won't exist before this record is touched.

Archived