🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Hey Jason, Yes Boss. If you don't mind I'm going to wait to announce your Firing 7 Days until the World is watching the Playoffs. Something you couldn't even achieve with this Roster. 

Thanks for the 4 winning season the past decade, Love ya like a Son! Nobody and I mean nobody Will Ever Clap Better Then You! You Complete Me!!

So obviously a huge thank you is in order to the Philadelphia Eagles for ending the JG era.  Since it became official today, I’m posting her today.  Unfortunately I realize the timing is kinda bad given the eagles lost a home playoff game.  I can’t really say that I’m surprised by the eagles loss today as I totally expected it even though the refs did everything in their power to keep the game close.  But I can say that I’m honestly surprised that Josh McCown was clearly the eagles best QB.  Wentz looked lost and in way over his head.  

in short, thank you for ending the JG era.  

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

But I can say that I’m honestly surprised that Josh McCown was clearly the eagles best QB.  Wentz looked lost and in way over his head.  

Slam, stop! You could tell this off one 3 and out series? I get the Jab after a loss (not surprising) but Stop!

"Wentz took a hit to the back of his head on the first play of the Eagles' second offensive series from Seattle defensive end Jadavean Clowney and, while Wentz finished the series, he was clearly wobbly"

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

So obviously a huge thank you is in order to the Philadelphia Eagles for ending the JG era.  Since it became official today, I’m posting her today.  Unfortunately I realize the timing is kinda bad given the eagles lost a home playoff game.  I can’t really say that I’m surprised by the eagles loss today as I totally expected it even though the refs did everything in their power to keep the game close.  But I can say that I’m honestly surprised that Josh McCown was clearly the eagles best QB.  Wentz looked lost and in way over his head.  

in short, thank you for ending the JG era.  

I want to say I am surprised someone can cobble together such a dumb statement, but Matts posts in here so often I guess this is just a regular for Cowboys posters.

Bad attempt at a terrible troll from someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about. You guys should really stick to your forum cause as soon as you come out you all look really, really bad.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

McCarthy is better than Garrett, but they didn’t knock this one out of the park by any means. 

It’s a solid hire. That said, I wonder if the same issues that GB had pop up after a while? Cowboys fans seem to think their roster is ready for a SB run now(I don’t see it), and this hire kinda says that is what they want. Time for them to fork out the big bucks to their guys and see how good that roster really is. 

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Should be interesting wonder which direction he'll go with the Defense. Kris Richard is interviewing other places...Girls headed back to a 3-4? 

Mike Nolan reportedly might be the guy

He has experience with both, so who knows

McCarthy feels like the type of hire that just keeps the status quo going. Don't really see him as the spark that finally puts D over over the top. Solid hire no doubt but is he so much of an upgrade over JG that it worries me? Not really. TBH what Wash has done with Rivera and JDR is the kind of coaching change that can turn a franchise around. But as long as Snyder and Jerruh are around and meddling in affairs they'll continue to undermine their hires.

Giants need to move their ****** and hire someone. I would have loved to have the Rivera/JDR combo in NY ¬¬

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

McCarthy feels like the type of hire that just keeps the status quo going. Don't really see him as the spark that finally puts D over over the top. Solid hire no doubt but is he so much of an upgrade over JG that it worries me? Not really. TBH what Wash has done with Rivera and JDR is the kind of coaching change that can turn a franchise around. But as long as Snyder and Jerruh are around and meddling in affairs they'll continue to undermine their hires.

Giants need to move their ****** and hire someone. I would have loved to have the Rivera/JDR combo in NY ¬¬

I agree, a lot has been touted already that McCarthy is a playoff winner...but like how many of those were purely on Rodgers doing crazy Rodgers things? He’s a solid coach but he got fired because he got lazy and vanilla.

Rivera/JDR will be tough. But we probably won’t have to deal with it for long. JDR has had a good history as a DC and will have some crazy talent with what they have + Chase Young. He’ll probably get hired away for his another HC chance soon. Biggest thing is who they get for OC and QB coach. And how they mold Haskins. Cause if he’s not it, then they’ll just be an annoying speed bump in the division and locked into that 8-8 zone again.

Curious who you guys get

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Nolan is a good DC. 

He's solid, had a good last year in Miami and first year in Atlanta almost a decade ago. Shouldn’t regress the defense at least. If they get a defensive backfield they can be a solid unit.

Neither McCarthy nor Rivera really “knock it out the park”, given they’re both recently fired, but both teams undoubtedly just upgraded at HC and took the 2 safest candidates as far as I can tell. Any splash hire would also entail a good deal of risk.

Do the Giants go same route, or look to somebody like Rhule?