🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

In the stat I used points allowed, Giants were #9 the Jets #26 so no the Jets were not a top 10 defense.

Seeing how the Eagles did not lite up the Giants defense, are you admitting they are a bad team. Seems like some Eagles fans believe the Eagles are winning 10 or more games and are a legitimate  threat to win this division.

Our offense was swamp cheeks. Every team is a legitimate threat, because we all suck. The eagles could win, if Jalen Hurts ends up being the 2nd best QB in the division. The giants could win if Daniel Jones is the 2nd best QB. The WFT could win if Ryan Fitzpatrick is the 2nd best qb. The cowboys could win if the other 3 teams offenses can't average more than 21 points. There is no team that is head and shoulders above or below any other team in this crap fest, and we're all just competing for a chance to host a wildcard loss and get a worse draft pick for the foreseeable future. The team that finishes with the worst record this year is the team that really won. 

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Our offense was swamp cheeks. Every team is a legitimate threat, because we all suck. The eagles could win, if Jalen Hurts ends up being the 2nd best QB in the division. The giants could win if Daniel Jones is the 2nd best QB. The WFT could win if Ryan Fitzpatrick is the 2nd best qb. The cowboys could win if the other 3 teams offenses can't average more than 21 points. There is no team that is head and shoulders above or below any other team in this crap fest, and we're all just competing for a chance to host a wildcard loss and get a worse draft pick for the foreseeable future. The team that finishes with the worst record this year is the team that really won. 

Honestly this. If you step back and look at the grand scheme of things. None of these teams are actual contenders for a super bowl. They're all in building mode.

11 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

The Giants swept WFT.

You were missing a competent RB, we were missing a competent QB.  Which position has the bigger impact?  And you beat us by 1 point (b/c our coach decided to go for 2 at the end) and 3 points, respectively, with WFT's league-worst QB play.  Not something I'd be beating my chest about.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:50 AM, MKnight82 said:

110684648_3105807442834319_4025017291763 

Now do it for the redskins

On 6/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, ACO said:

I mean their defense is atocious. They can score 30+ a game and still lose. That is what their season was looking like before Dak went down. That Browns game really said it all. 38- 49.... Yikes. So yes Dallas has a decent shot but unless their defense improves (and not convinced) than they will always be in trouble because the rest of the devison are more balanced.

We added 13 defensive players. Of that ~10ish will be starters or second stringers. Also a  new DC, DB, DL coaches. 

I think our defense should have a shot at being better. Time will tell if it is.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

I love it how everybody forgets just how bad they were before Dak went down. They were what, a colossal Atlanta choke job from being like 0-5 with him? People have annual amnesia with Dallas it's unreal and truly mind boggling.

Gross over exaggerating. Terrible. 

1. Rams was never bigger than a 4 point gap and we had a crap OPI on a 40 yard bomb with ~1 minute left. We had a solid shot at winning.

2. Falcons was fluky but we were close enough to win.

3. Seahawks we were a ~2 point difference in the first half until they scored right at half. In the second half we had the lead with like a minute left. Defense screwed us at the end of each half.

4. Browns we got walloped at certain points of the game, but in the 4th at one point it was like a 3 point game.

5. Giants we led at half, led when Dak got hurt and won the game.  

Outside of the browns, we were basically 1 play away 4-1 against some playoff teams. 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:41 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Dallas being the favorites in the division is one thing. 

Considering Dallas to be a good team is a completely other. Dallas' defense is terrible. Their OL is not anything close to what it used to be. Dak is the best QB in the division but he isn't worth what he is being paid. Elliot looked like he was on his last legs last season. The only scary part of their team is their WRs. 

Dallas isn't running away with anything. The Eagles have a better chance of winning the division than Dallas has of winning 12+ games.

A lot of what you just said was "Cowboys had a lot of injuries so they suck". I dont know what the final rankings were but I do know I read articles in the season that we were the #1 most injured team in the league. Obviously when you lose so many pieces (along with a new scheme) on the OL and DL your running offense and defense is going to suck.

Edited by Matts4313

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They beat or barely loss to some of the worst teams in the league and this is a reason to be up on them? I’m confused.

Your confused because you are determined to only look at the negative. I can easily say the Giants beat or barely loss to some playoff teams.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You were missing a competent RB, we were missing a competent QB.  Which position has the bigger impact?  And you beat us by 1 point (b/c our coach decided to go for 2 at the end) and 3 points, respectively, with WFT's league-worst QB play.  Not something I'd be beating my chest about.

Is your point the WFT sucks and beating them is nothing to celebrate, it should be expected?

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think that's the point of any NFCE team. 

NFL records can change so much from year to year - I am not sure if this should be the thought process. It wouldnt shock me at all if we were respectable as a division next year.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

NFL records can change so much from year to year - I am not sure if this should be the thought process. It wouldnt shock me at all if we were respectable as a division next year.

True. I'm commenting more retroactively. 

50 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Your confused because you are determined to only look at the negative. I can easily say the Giants beat or barely loss to some playoff teams.

You pointed out the NFC East teams so so did I. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Our defense is far better.  Our OL is far batter.  Our QBs are about the same.  Your weapons are slightly better overall.

The conclusion is pretty clear.

Your defense was far better, last season. This season the Giants have closed the gap. Fitz is a journey man QB for a reason and an old one at that, I am putting Jones ahead of him.