πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, ACO said:

He is washed. I don't see the big deal about this signing except they won't be placing their rookie there, which is a plus for Dallas. He is not ready. But I doubt he will be much of a real help though.Β 

That said having the rookie learn from JP and Tyron is great. That might be the best play in this situation for Dallas.

It could workout for them if he stays more healthy like last year with Chicago than he was his last years in Philly. That’s a big if obviously on health, but he can still play.

58 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just read it's a practice squad spot. So maybe the rookie will start at LT and Peters will be worked in if need be?

I’m pretty sure he’ll be starting at LT though. Connor McGovern their top back-up guard is better at RG than LG, but Martin is obviously at RG, so if they moved Tyler Smith they would be putting in McGovern at LG where he’s not the greatest and Smith has barely taken reps at tackle this offseason. It makes most logical sense this year if Peters can hold up that you keep the line the same and only slide Smith over if you have to as a rookie.

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m pretty sure he’ll be starting at LT though. Connor McGovern their top back-up guard is better at RG than LG, but Martin is obviously at RG, so if they moved Tyler Smith they would be putting in McGovern at LG where he’s not the greatest and Smith has barely taken reps at tackle this offseason. It makes most logical sense this year if Peters can hold up that you keep the line the same and only slide Smith over if you have to as a rookie.

Β 

Yeah starting in PS makes sense. He won't play this week but he will eventually take over. Of course he could end up being good for Dallas. That is their obvious hope, but I just have my doubts he will last very long. I just don't think the team overall is good and the entire division got better except them. Granted they still have really good players who could outperform. This is the NFL afterall -- just not holding my breath. Eagles have zero excuse to not run away in this division.

3 hours ago, ACO said:

Β 

Yeah starting in PS makes sense. He won't play this week but he will eventually take over. Of course he could end up being good for Dallas. That is their obvious hope, but I just have my doubts he will last very long. I just don't think the team overall is good and the entire division got better except them. Granted they still have really good players who could outperform. This is the NFL afterall -- just not holding my breath. Eagles have zero excuse to not run away in this division.

We tend to suck when things are expected from us. I kind of expect it to be the case again.Β 

5 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

We tend to suck when things are expected from us. I kind of expect it to be the case again.Β 

I understand not being a homer but how can people think this team will not do well? I don't have a ton of faith that Hurts is QB1 but I do think he will play well. Also his team is good. I really don't see how they aren't the favorites and it would seem many feel that way too since they are now favorites to win the NFC.

35 minutes ago, ACO said:

I understand not being a homer but how can people think this team will not do well? I don't have a ton of faith that Hurts is QB1 but I do think he will play well. Also his team is good. I really don't see how they aren't the favorites and it would seem many feel that way too since they are now favorites to win the NFC.

Yeah I have a hard time seeing this team being any worse than average like what’s probably the floor? Maybe 8 wins? I think this team could hit 12 or 13 wins if stuff falls into place.

I predicted 12-5 when the schedule was released. I thought about putting it at 11-6 and being safer cause we still hadn’t added Bradberry and CGJ yet. but 10-12 wins was what I was expecting coming out of the draft. This is far from a perfect team, but it’s one that I think has the chance to be a special group and make some noise. I can’t guarantee they’ll win when they get to the playoffs, but overall I’m pretty confident in this team.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I really hope Tampa beats Dallas on SNF. The Cowboys right now are one of four teams with 4 or more games against Brady that has never beat him. I didn't include the Patriots cause he's 1-0 against them. Dallas never beating Tom would be nice and then they could possibly going into the match-up with Cincy with the distinct possiblity of 0-2 to start the season and also both home losses.