🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

14 hours ago, ACO said:

I understand not being a homer but how can people think this team will not do well? I don't have a ton of faith that Hurts is QB1 but I do think he will play well. Also his team is good. I really don't see how they aren't the favorites and it would seem many feel that way too since they are now favorites to win the NFC.

I do make a point of not being a homer, but it's not because of that. It's because of the precedent this team has of having talented teams and underperforming whenever they're not underdogs. 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2018 come immediately to mind and I'm probably missing more. And all of those teams had less question marks than this one. 

For once I would like this team to look good on paper and on the field. 

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

For believing we’ll probably suck cause the expectations are too high. 

Don't blame me, blame our Eagles for being proven underachievers. But nothing would make me happier to see this streak broken. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I do make a point of not being a homer, but it's not because of that. It's because of the precedent this team has of having talented teams and underperforming whenever they're not underdogs. 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2018 come immediately to mind and I'm probably missing more. And all of those teams had less question marks than this one. 

For once I would like this team to look good on paper and on the field. 

Don't blame me, blame our Eagles for being proven underachievers. But nothing would make me happier to see this streak broken. 

That’s fair that we haven’t always done the greatest when things were expected of us, but nothing about this team indicates they can’t live up to expectations and at least be a double digit win team. If they don’t get ravaged by injuries then 9 wins should be the bare minimum this year.

Edit: I also think you can make an argument this team is more talented than any team since the 2004 Eagles.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s fair that we haven’t always done the greatest when things were expected of us, but nothing about this team indicates they can’t live up to expectations and at least be a double digit win team. If they don’t get ravaged by injuries then 9 wins should be the bare minimum this year.

My only hesitation and reason I'm not getting my hopes up till November/December. Seems to always occur when expectations are high for the Eagles going into a season. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

My only hesitation and reason I'm not getting my hopes up till November/December. Seems to always occur when expectations are high for the Eagles going into a season. 

I don’t want to jinx anything, but I think  that Tom Hunkele and Ted Rath who they brought in to lead the Sports Medicine and Performance department a couple years ago have done a great job and we’ve adapted our practice habits to better prioritize recovery. All the players speak very highly of what Rath and the other player performance guys are doing to keep them ready. The fact they were able to get Brandon Graham out there by OTAs this spring and have him feeling like BG before the injury is pretty great. Injuries are part of the game, but I have more faith in this group taking care of the players that they can be top half of the league again instead of the constantly injured team we were those years following the Super Bowl. I think part of why that happened was the aging roster and for the most part this is a much younger roster, so fingers crossed.

34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Edit: I also think you can make an argument this team is more talented than any team since the 2004 Eagles.

Well that, and coaching. 

Let's not forget that Ganon's defensive philosophy is suspect as hell and we still don't know what Sirianni is. 

So for me, at least those two things (besides injuries of course) makes it a possibility that we don't meet expectations. 

We'll find out soon, finally. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Well that, and coaching. 

Let's not forget that Ganon's defensive philosophy is suspect as hell and we still don't know what Sirianni is. 

So for me, at least those two things (besides injuries of course) makes it a possibility that we don't meet expectations. 

We'll find out soon, finally. 

Amen to the last part and yeah I’m kinda more apprehensive with Gannon than Hurts. I think we can meet the lower expectations (10 wins?), but will we meet the expectation I have or 11+ wins? Nothing is really a guarantee, but I feel good about the possibility. Last year I was in the 7-9 win range with my prediction and wanted to say 10 as a max, but didn’t want to get too optimistic after I fell flat on my face with my excitement in 2020. This year I see 10-12 wins and kinda wanna say 13 is the ceiling. If we do end up in the 7-9 win range and it’s not really cause of a crap ton of injuries, then I’ll start believing we are cursed when things are expected of us lol.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Amen to the last part and yeah I’m kinda more apprehensive with Gannon than Hurts. I think we can meet the lower expectations (10 wins?), but will we meet the expectation I have or 11+ wins? Nothing is really a guarantee, but I feel good about the possibility. Last year I was in the 7-9 win range with my prediction and wanted to say 10 as a max, but didn’t want to get too optimistic after I fell flat on my face with my excitement in 2020. This year I see 10-12 wins and kinda wanna say 13 is the ceiling. If we do end up in the 7-9 win range and it’s not really cause of a crap ton of injuries, then I’ll start believing we are cursed when things are expected of us lol.

I'd be so happy if your predictions is proven correct. But for some reason this team maxes out at 10 wins no matter the coach, it is so baffling (Aside for the anomaly that was 2017 of course). 

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'd be so happy if your predictions is proven correct. But for some reason this team maxes out at 10 wins no matter the coach, it is so baffling (Aside for the anomaly that was 2017 of course). 

I feel you. Only other time since 2004 we’ve done it is 2009. I think this is the year we clear 10 wins. The extra game certainly helps.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Someone in the draft that Daboll and Schoen get to pick out and groom.

We can only hope it’s someone like Jimmy.

Yeah there will be plenty of QBs next year that the Giants will get one with their probably top 10 pick. Especially with Chicago being up there and then maybe making the mistake to stick with Fields if he doesn’t jump at all.

I’ll say Heinicke or a rookie.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:
3 hours ago, Danger said:

Who do y'all see as the Giants starting QB in 2023?

Jimmy G?

Probably the kid from Florida to try and recreate Josh Allen magic only for it to not actually work the second time.

On 9/4/2022 at 4:51 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. A lot of people throwing out the Cam Newton comparison. He does have a huge arm and he’s a big boy at like 6’4” 240. I think Hurts is 6’0” 220. All of them are physically strong as hell and tough runners. They make a lot of their best plays out of structure. But, I saw some solid mechanics on some of the throws with his feet in sync. I think he had a pretty solid outing as a passer. He’s barely played any football in college whatsoever. He threw like 60 something passes last year. I’ll give him time to progress as a passer. For all we know he can come back next season and enter the draft in 2024. Brian Johnson was Anthony’s primary recruiter as the QB coach and then Offensive Coordinator his true freshman season for the 2020 COVID year. I could see betting on his traits if he shows progress over the course of the season and plays well against good opponents. This is just a good start to the year for him. 

I wish he had better weapons around him than he does at Florida, but oh well. He’s a kid born and raised in Gainesville, so I get why he’s still a Gator.

I think it’s gonna be pretty obvious the Giants with Daboll and Schoen will be selecting a QB next year more likely than not and a guy that was there for someone like Josh Allen with his cannon arm and size/running ability who was raw and inaccurate. If he interviews well at the combine and private visits, then he can go pretty high.

Hello!