πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Negotiations 101. What number did you all expect Jones and his Agent to start with? 32M?

You start at 45M, they start at 30M you meet in the middle at 35-38M. The basic going rate for a NFL starting " un " FQB.

In otherwords Tannehill/Cousins/old decrepit Brady money.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Shady said Eric Bienemy literally did nothing while coaching for the Chiefs.

Β 

Good luck with that commodes.

I’m surprise you would think shady an reliable source lol. Guys like Charles / AP / honey badgers/ etc have said good things about Eric B. Truth is some guys can’t handle someone screaming at them all day even if they have a good resume , your job not safe which he never understood and why he was benched during the playoffs .

On 2/20/2023 at 12:55 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Negotiations 101. What number did you all expect Jones and his Agent to start with? 32M?

You start at 45M, they start at 30M you meet in the middle at 35-38M. The basic going rate for a NFL starting " un " FQB.

In otherwords Tannehill/Cousins/old decrepit Brady money.

Foreal I can’t believe jones is requesting that much money. Giants shouldn’t use the franchise tag on him if I was them I’d let him walk they easily could draft a qb who imo can be better than jones .Β 
Β 

Barkley the one they should keepΒ 

12 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I’m surprise you would think shady an reliable source lol. Guys like Charles / AP / honey badgers/ etc have said good things about Eric B. Truth is some guys can’t handle someone screaming at them all day even if they have a good resume , your job not safe which he never understood and why he was benched during the playoffs .

How is an offensive players that played for a coach not a good source?

To be fair it was a Florio report with an anonymous source. Mike Garafalo reported they haven't talked in weeks and Jeff Darlington reported they haven't even started negotiations because DJ was switching agents.

If 45M is a hard number for him then I tag him and make him play another prove it year. Try and sign Barkley at 14AAV and if Jones reverts back to old form let him walk. If he replicates this season or improves then you give him his contract. To me 35-38 AAV is fair.

Edited by Shockwave

19 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

To be fair it was a Florio report with an anonymous source. Mike Garafalo reported they haven't talked in week and Jeff Darling have reported they haven't even started negotiations because DJ was switching agents.

If 45M is a hard number for him then I tag him and make him play another prove it year. Try and sign Barkley at 14AAV and if Jones reverts back to old form let him walk. If he replicates this season or improves then you give him his contract. To me 35-38 AAV is fair.

I think that's been the plan all along.Β  However understand if Jones does improve year two in Daboll's offense in large part becuase the Giants also go out and get him a true #1 WR. That $35-38M number you just posted is a pipe dream.

You could right now sign him to that number, without truly knowing if he's worth it, but lock him in and 🀞. If you Tag him now and watch Lamar, Hurts, Burrow, Herbert ect get thier extensions completely obliterating the QB market? 

It will be Dak Prescott in Dallas all over again post Wentz/Goff when Jerry wanted to "prove it again"! He could of easily gotten Dak at 28-30M a season before those contracts, had to pay 40 post. Same thing will occur regardless of tier if the Giants do the same with DJ. ProbablyΒ  40-44M will become the floor for lower end "FQB" moving forward like Dak Prescott.Β 

You either project said QB is worthy and try to get him on a cheaper deal now then what the real cap numbers will be 3 years from now and πŸ™ you were correct. Or you play the Dak/Kirk waiting game which costs you 5-10M more per year on the cap and bite the bullet with said numbers.Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

51 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

if 45M is a hard number for him, I laugh at him and his agent and tell him sign your franchise tag or get out of my office.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

How is an offensive players that played for a coach not a good source?

Shady who barely did anything as a Chief? I think I would rather hear from true contributors of that team. They do nothing but praise him. Now will that translate to success? We shall see.

3 minutes ago, ACO said:

Shady who barely did anything as a Chief? I think I would rather hear from true contributors of that team. They do nothing but praise him. Now will that translate to success? We shall see.

He was a member of the team and saw the goings on.

Β 

Β 

3 minutes ago, ACO said:

The not running meetings, not making the offense would be at least the concern if that’s his main job now.Β