🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It’s also fueled by national media, Jerry and just the brand. It’s a meme but one very much grounded in reality. Dallas losing or not being good is a prism that anything can look better through.

I quite enjoy a lot of Cowboys fans though. They are a little more into the fun of hating eachother usually.

Gotcha, I didn’t even consider the media’s role in everything. I can see how it’s “good for business” to have the Cowboys constantly losing. The national media (Stephen A. Smith, etc.) make a living off of trashing them every year. It’s frustrating to see.

Personally, I can’t hate the Eagles. Playful banter is cool, but how can I hate a team that is simply better? If you ask most Cowboys fans, they’ll say they are sick of GM/owner who has run the team into the ground. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Oof I dunno. I hate Dallas because of the national love affair, the "we dem boyz" bs, Americas team BS, displaced fairweather fans, overtly emphatic fans, when after all they've been irrelevant for close to 3 decades. They are insufferable.

So your hate for the Cowboys is more than other NFC East teams because of the national media and crazy fans (which every team has). Gotcha. 

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Saw on TV earlier 2 out of 3 panelists picked Dallas to represent the NFC in the next super bowl. This is why we hate Dallas. The unwarranted, unfounded and irrational hype, love and credit that surrounds them each and every year. With literally zero foundation to stand on. They're a hype train, a conversation piece. A polarizing entity to stir up a room. A side show.

Yup, and that’s what JJ lives on. For what it’s worth, I find it baffling that 2/3 panelists would pick Dallas to go to the S.B. I think the media does that on purpose to fuel the cycle of hate. It’s literal craziness otherwise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

This is a false equivalency because there are 2 other teams in the NFC East. There’s 2 other teams, yet the Eagles seem to trash the Cowboys at every opportunity. I don’t disagree that the Cowboys have sucked for over 2 decades. I’m just asking why isn’t it equal across the board with Washington and the NYG.

Because much like the devil, cowboy fans are everywhere. I run into giants fans like 4 times a year. I run into cowboy fans 3 times a week. Not sure that other team in our division has fans because I've never seen them despite living near Los Angeles.

Also, Cowboy fans have got to be the laziest/wackest smack talkers. All we heard from you guys for basically decades was "no rings neener neener". Giants and Redskin fans (we're talking prior to 2017) would at least make fun of our players/coaches/everything. Dallas fans would just lean on "empty trophy case, haha" even though most of the people saying that were between 5 and 12 when it actually happened, and probably couldn't name 5 players on the team when they saw it happen.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 12:44 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Tough to hear but it’s the truth. Odds are Hurts/Siri combo never gets this chance again. Remember, Rodgers never did. Brees never did. Allen still hasn’t been there. That hurts and it should… but Mahomes showed us tonight, unfortunately, how there’s exceptions to every trend. So all we can do is hope Hurts and Siri will prove to be special. I’ll believe it until they give me reasons not to.

My numbers might be off, but I want to say that there have been 35 QBs to lose their first SB appearance (including Hurts). Of those 35, only six have made it back.

3 hours ago, Swoop said:

My numbers might be off, but I want to say that there have been 35 QBs to lose their first SB appearance (including Hurts). Of those 35, only six have made it back.

I'm guessing Joe Burrow and Bengals fans should have similar concerns then. 

I know Elway has to be one. Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton ..... (Joe/Jalen) assuming the other then was much earlier then that?

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

So your hate for the Cowboys is more than other NFC East teams because of the national media and crazy fans (which every team has). Gotcha. 

Not crazy fans every team has that. Displaced fairweather fans. You are the Yankees/Lakers of the NFL. Media darlings except without any of the recent hardware like they have.

52 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Not crazy fans every team has that. Displaced fairweather fans. You are the Yankees/Lakers of the NFL. Media darlings except without any of the recent hardware like they have.

There definitely was a correlation. I think a lot of people know that random Cowboys fan or two who likes a lot of those random big brand teams. Lots of time they are a loud contrarian in many aspects. Anecdotal but has been a consistent thing.

Its not all of them, have had a good time with a lot of Cowboys fans…especially here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swoop said:

I believe the last 17 QBs to lose their 1st SB never won 1, including Goff, Jimmy G, Burrow and now Hurts… very much a trend that goes hand in hand with the idea of it being difficult to win when you’re paying a QB ~15% of cap. Writing is on the wall that unless Hurts and/or Siri are special, this core won’t return either.