πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gotcha, no idea? Guess He will be downright scary if he ever figures that part out as the years go by.

Wouldn't trade him for a Single QB in the NFL for the long term. Not one!

Short termΒ  (3-5 yrs), onlyΒ  Rodgers!

Mahomes? I mean I love the ginger lad, but cmonnnnnn maaaynnnn

So someone suggested you guys sign LeVeon Bell. It made me curious.Β 

Jesus, you guys are boned. Next year you guys only have like 35 players under contract and are already way over the cap. You guys are losing 3 WRs, starting RB, your DL depth, kicker, etc. And you cant really afford to resign many of them unless you gut some of your older vets.Β 

Β 

EDIT: But the ring was worth it, so Im not hating. I just think you guys are going to be hard pressed to field a strong team next year.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So someone suggested you guys sign LeVeon Bell. It made me curious.Β 

Jesus, you guys are boned. Next year you guys only have like 35 players under contract and are already way over the cap. You guys are losing 3 WRs, starting RB, your DL depth, kicker, etc. And you cant really afford to resign many of them unless you gut some of your older vets.Β 

Β 

EDIT: But the ring was worth it, so Im not hating. I just think you guys are going to be hard pressed to field a strong team next year.Β 

It's actually not that bad when you look at it...Peters is likely gone, and Foles will be too...that alone gets us under the cap.

We have our core locked in for a couple years still, but preparations are already underway to be ready for Carson's contract.Β 

Ajayi was never going to be resigned...he's breaking down fast. Out of Wallace, Tate and Agholor...only oneΒ will be resigned, the others will help with comp picks.
DL will be interesting, Chris Long might retire like he almost did last year. Graham seems like he's leaving for an overpay somewhere, it'll suck but that will help us with comp picks too.

Basically the plan is I think to have 3.5/5 of the roster locked in long term. And fill in the rest with trades or short term guys, who then help us get comp picks more frequently.Β 
They are trying to get free draft capital which will help them have more shots at landing guys or most likely...free them up to make trades up in the draft or during the season.

Like they made the Tate trade knowing at the least they had an extra 2 + some comp picks, and if it doesn't work out we could very well get a higher comp pick for him.(Tate for a 3rd goes to tate + a 4th for a 3rd)

I don't see us signing LeVeon, they don't really value the RB spot that much unfortunately.
he would kill in this offense though, how patient he is and how athletic our oline is would be tough to stop

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Β 

Ajayi was never going to be resigned...he's breaking down fast. Out of Wallace, Tate and Agholor...only oneΒ will be resigned, the others will help with comp picks.
DL will be interesting, Chris Long might retire like he almost did last year. Graham seems like he's leaving for an overpay somewhere, it'll suck but that will help us with comp picks too.

Β 

Other than DL depth IΒ΄m not very worried about the guys we might lose next year. I think Graham is our biggest contributor who might walkΒ Β 

Agholor is still in contract for next year due to the 5th year option though.

Edited by Broadway Joe

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's actually not that bad when you look at it...Peters is likely gone, and Foles will be too...that alone gets us under the cap.

We have our core locked in for a couple years still, but preparations are already underway to be ready for Carson's contract.Β 

Basically the plan is I think to have 3.5/5 of the roster locked in long term. And fill in the rest with trades or short term guys, who then help us get comp picks more frequently.Β 
They are trying to get free draft capital which will help them have more shots at landing guys or most likely...free them up to make trades up in the draft or during the season.

Like they made the Tate trade knowing at the least they had an extra 2 + some comp picks, and if it doesn't work out we could very well get a higher comp pick for him.(Tate for a 3rd goes to tate + a 4th for a 3rd)

I don't see us signing LeVeon, they don't really value the RB spot that much unfortunately.
he would kill in this offense though, how patient he is and how athletic our oline is would be tough to stop

You are over estimating what you are going to get in comps.Β 

You are either going to have to replace what you are losing with low end free agents, which makes your team worse..... or UDFA, which also makes your team worse.Β 

You are literally losing like 4 out of your 5 WRs assuming you arent going to pay Agholar. You need to sign like 20 dudes just to fill out your roster; including findings a starting LT, RB, WR, CB and kicker. Back up QBs, WRs, DE, DL.

Its pretty bad. Like real bad.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are either going to have to replace what you are losing with low end free agents, which makes your team worse..... or UDFA, which also makes your team worse.Β 

You are literally losing like 4 out of your 5 WRs assuming you arent going to pay Agholar. You need to sign like 20 dudes just to fill out your roster; including findings a starting LT, RB, WR, CB and kicker. Back up QBs, WRs, DE, DL.

Agholor already got the 5th year option. Darby is the only CB that would walk away and now that he tore his ACL he might resign on the ship for a year. We already have the second string QB on the roster, a 3rd stringer can be had very easily.

It looks to me like your looking for solace that this team will be dismantled.Β 

ItΒ΄s not really as bad as want it to be, but Howie may not be perfect but he is damn good at circumventing the cap.Β 

Edited by Broadway Joe

Next year was always the plan in my opinion that the FO/Howie says goodbye "regardless of retirement" to those players/contracts killing the Cap.

Love what you've done for the Organization, Future HOF'rs, Key Cog in the SB , Thanks but we're moving on. Hopes being

Peters (Big V/Mailata)

Sproles (Pumphrey Failed miserably) but lets be real unfortunately hasn't helped in 2yrs

Foles (Sudfeld)

Ajayi (Clement, Adams)

Graham (Barnett was the smart replacement) Can't predict injury

Wiz (Seumalo, Pryor)

That alone opens up the Cap. Their hopes was that one or both Mack Hollins / Gibson would be opposite Jeffrey if Agholor/Tate move on.

Sidney Jones, Rasual Douglas, Avonte Madox for Darby god willing Jalen Mills?????

The Plan is in place for said players. Whether they are sufficient replacements, actually healthy in 2019 now post injuries remains to be seen. The core they are building around Β Ertz, AJ, Lane, Kelce, Brooks, Cox, Timmy, Barnett, Sidney, Goedert, are locked up/rookie deals outside of Carson Wentz.Β  Who is going nowhere and technically if they wanted to play the "Cap game" rather then extension under a rookie contract 2 more years.

There's a reason they had 10 draft picks, why they are collecting more in the future with potential Comp picks, that's the plan. Only Question is do they hit or miss on said picks. This is where keeping Joe Douglas is key!!!

Eagles are far from Bad Shape. Nice try though.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe, but that's Howie's new game...we'll see if it works out.

Forgot that yeah, we have Nelson one more year (5th year option)..which they could work a longer term deal and reduce his number there.
Wallace never really got integrated cause he got hurt so fast, if they activate him here in the next couple weeks from IR...maybe they can improve his stock for his next team.
And Tate they gotta see how he gels here, I think it's leaning for them to let him walk to help with comps...but if he proves to be a fit..they'll get a deal done.

It sounds crazy, but the team is incredibly high on Jordan Mailata, I expect them to get him some time down the stretch to see just how ready he is.
If that hail mary actually lands..we could very well be fine. At any rate Vaitai is serviveable when he's a penciled in starter.

CB will be interesting, very contingent on what Darby wants. His injury adds a lot of questions.
I think Sidney Jones is going outside next year and Maddox will either stay at Safety or do Slot duties. He's been a nice solid surprise this year.

RB will likely be a draft upgrade.

Has anyone ever had a hard time resigning a kicker?

Β 

This is what teams do that try to be successful...you can't sign the solid roleplayers to crazy deals, you can't lock up every position.
You find what positions are crucial to you, ones that you can't plug and play...and you lock them in.
You don't sign guys that aren't great, or are past their primes to long term deals. It's what kills you/
Β 

For the eagles thats QB, WR1, TE1&2, OL (all five), DT 1, DE 1 & 2, 2 Lbs, Safety
Β 

If they have a special talent outside of that, they will sign them long term. But they feel they can get guys at those other spots off the street, in the draftΒ  and make it work.

The most notable team that does this: The Patriots...it's why they are this good for so long.

Β 

• Like 1

We have a superstar QB. We'll be fine long term. Next year is not going to be a SB year, soft rebuild has to be incoming in order to replenish both sides of the line. I expect us to be competitive the next 2 years, maybe playoffs if we win soft NFCE, but I wouldn't really expect us to be like we were in 2017, piratically wire to wire leading the NFC and SB contenders, until 2021 season. By then the Giants could be very good if they've nabbed a QB, Redskins will be unrecognizable soΒ impossible to predict, Cowboys will same old with Dak heading the ship if rumors of extension are true...

Β 

Of course it's the NFL, things pretty much never go like you'd expect. I won't be any more shocked if we go 3-13 next year than if we goΒ 13-3.Β