🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not trolling, but you all will not want to read this if you are mad:

Youve been warned!

Down 27 points, with right on the cusp of enough time to comeback (like ~8 minutes) Wentz threw every single pass to a TE or a RB, many of them check downs. Until he ultimately threw an INT when targeting a WR.

The next drive he fumbles the ball.

The next drive throws it directly to Sean Lee for a should have been INT. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Dak had done that in a key divisional game; how bad would you all be making fun of me? I would have a tag every 30 seconds telling me how bad my QB is.

Am I wrong?

Lane and Carson both picked a helluva time to have like a career bad day.

Most the other guys have sucked all year, so it was nothing new

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Not trolling, but you all will not want to read this if you are mad:

Youve been warned!

Down 27 points, with right on the cusp of enough time to comeback (like ~8 minutes) Wentz threw every single pass to a TE or a RB, many of them check downs. Until he ultimately threw an INT when targeting a WR.

The next drive he fumbles the ball.

The next drive throws it directly to Sean Lee for a should have been INT. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Dak had done that in a key divisional game; how bad would you all be making fun of me? I would have a tag every 30 seconds telling me how bad my QB is.

Am I wrong?

First off, who here actually tags you and trash talks Dak? I see Dak, in the EAGLES forum get trash talked while you're doing your usual Dak fanaticism, maybe you'll get tagged because the conversation is moving fast? But you're telling me people out of the blue are tagging you after Dak's has poor games? Sounds a lot more like your woe is me, everybody is so mean to me, gimmick. Even if you're not exaggerating here and posters do that, you have to at least understand the dynamic? You come into our forum every day and do nothing but talk up Dak, explain how every mistake wasn't actually his fault, actually according to this number Dak is the GOAT, etc. Does anybody do that in the Cowboys forum about Wentz? I'm sure they'd get the same treatment you do after a bad performance.

Secondly, the game was over at this point, doesn't really excuse bad plays, no reason for Carson to ever throw into triple coverage, but by the same token people generally write off "garbage time" stats that prop up a QB's overall numbers, I just don't pay much attention to garbage time, period. So if your angle is that this was proof of Wentz being anti-clutch, I would disagree by simply saying this was not a "clutch" situation. Doesn't mean you can't make fun of the bad decisions, sure, many Eagles fans will do the same for Dak. Wenz played fine, nothing special, before the game was truly out of hand, and then his play seemed to mirror that of his team's by the 4th quarter.

Now if your angle was more that people make fun of Dak for padding stats at the end of blowouts by checking it down? First things first the checkdown to Goeddert was just the smart play. Not to mention clearly the only option before he got sacked. That gain was 20+ yards. I don't remember other checkdown to TEs, but I remember several downfield throws to Ertz. There was 3 checkdowns to Sanders though, and I would agree, pretty silly. So you're not wrong, had it been Dak checking down to RBs down 27, we would make fun of it.... just like you were making fun of Wentz in NFL gen... So I'm not sure what your point is. I can't tell if you're trying to suggest you treat Wentz more fairly than we treat Dak? Who cares, treat him however you want,but yes... when you're in the Eagles forum, you'll probably get a lot of push back for mocking him. Go figure.

t;dr- no, you're not wrong, but I also don't spend my time in the Cowboys forum pimping Carson Wentz 24/7 so it would be pretty uncalled for to be brought in there via tag just to trash talk him and mock my takes.

• Like 2

I made it through about a quarter before passing out on the couch. Half of America is waking up nice and early and well rested today, and we thank you for that. Nothing like a good old fashioned blow out in prime time after your head coach guarantees a win 😂

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

;dr- no, you're not wrong, but I also don't spend my time in the Cowboys forum pimping Carson Wentz 24/7 so it would be pretty uncalled for to be brought in there via tag just to trash talk him and mock my takes.

You like to exaggerate. I posted a Dak stat the other day in here, before that it had been a couple weeks. There has been a handful since the season began, not 24/7

18 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Awfully quiet in here today. Maybe it’s just early? Because this isn’t a group of posters that disappears after a loss. That would be hypocritical 

Did you see the video circulating the web of the Eagles fan burning his Wentz jersey stating they needed a real effing QB?

I think its going to be at least noon before they are done licking their wounds. 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Awfully quiet in here today. Maybe it’s just early? Because this isn’t a group of posters that disappears after a loss. That would be hypocritical 

Disappearing and taking a little time to scream into the void are two different things

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Listen I know the Miracle at the Meadow lands gives you huge expectations of our team but c'mon, 27 points in 8 minutes doesn't happen.

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Listen I know the Miracle at the Meadow lands gives you huge expectations of our team but c'mon, 27 points in 8 minutes doesn't happen.

Wentz doesnt overthrow Agholor and that would have been a quick 7.

Its possible. Hugely unlikely, but possible.

So remaining schedules, Eagles are behind a game with Dallas at 4-3.  Dallas has remaining:

@ Giants

Vikings

@ Lions

@ NE

Bills

@ Bears

Rams

@ Philly

Redskins

The Redskins and Giants games are easy wins.  I don't think they beat NE or the Rams.  That puts them at 6-5.  Of the Vikings, Lions, Bills, Bears game I can see the Cowboys going .500 there.  That puts them at 8-7 with only at Philly left.  

Philly has:

@ Bills

Bears

NE

Seahawks

@ Miami

Giants

@ Redskins

Cowboys

@ Giants

Philly literally has 4 easy wins with two Giants games, the Dolphins and Redskins games.  That gets them to 7-4.  Their two hardest games they get at home, NE and Seahawks.  I still see them losing both.  That's 7-6.  They have the Bills and Bears the next two weeks.  If they win both they put the Cowboys in a really bad spot, making the Cowboys pick up another win somewhere along the line.  Even if they split the Bills/Bears, that puts them at 8-7.  

Basically the Week 16 matchup in Philly determines who wins the East IMO.

33 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

So, does Alshon get released or reprimanded? He supposedly is the 'anonymous source' that has been trashing Wentz.

Peter, err Alshon denied being the source three times. Probably before the rooster crowed. 

How bad do you have to be to get criticized by a receiver who played with Jay Cutler?

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1