πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Hopefully the skins screw up and use Antonio Gibson as a WR instead of a RB. I think he could be slightly better than Miles as a RB. They'll probably give him the Chris Thompson/Tarik Cohen role.

Edited by Jeezla

Honestly, which collection of talent would you rather have on your team?

Group A: Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Haha Clinton-Dix, Maurice Canady, Blake Bell, Greg Zeurlein

Group B: Jeff Heath, Travis Frederick, Byron Jones, Robert Quinn, Maliek Collins, Randall Cobb

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully the skins screw up and use Antonio Gibson as a WR instead of a RB. I think he could be slightly better than Miles as a RB. They'll probably give him the Chris Thompson/Tarik Cohen role.

He'll be used all over. Β I'm looking forward to seeing the damage he can do on jet sweeps, which are a staple in Scott Turner's offense. Β 

Didn't you also like AGG?

20 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly, which collection of talent would you rather have on your team?

Group A: Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Haha Clinton-Dix, Maurice Canady, Blake Bell, Greg Zeurlein

Group B: Jeff Heath, Travis Frederick, Byron Jones, Robert Quinn, Maliek Collins, Randall Cobb

B, even if you include Lamb.

• Like 1

LMAO

Again, the difference is fundamentally stylistic: Wentz is a Roethlisberger, Prescott is a Brady (with athleticism).

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2020/5/25/21269432/carson-wentz-dak-prescott-debate-philadelphia-eagles-dallas-cowboys-comparison?__twitter_impression=true

REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THAT AND YOU ALL LAUGHED AND MOCKED ME!

41 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Even in a world without fumbles, Haskins still stinks. @HTTRDynasty

Β 

Again, EPA is a very flawed stat when trying to isolate one player's contribution.

If you want a better metric, look at SportsInfoSolution's Total Points Earned: Haskins had 21 TPE and Jones had 19, even though Haskins started in 5 less games.

Here's the definition:Β 
Points Earned or Passing Points Earned:Β The total of a player's EPA responsibility on passes using the Total Points system that distributes credit among all players on the field for a given play. For passers, this includes accounting for offensive line play, sacks, off-target passes, dropped passes, and dropped interceptions.

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

LMAO

REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THAT AND YOU ALL LAUGHED AND MOCKED ME!

...in pocket presence.

Agree or disagree, he’s just talking about Wentz’ ability to stand strong within the pocket, escaping thenΒ attacking downfield when pressure arrives (some could say irresponsible with the football whilst dropping back and setting)Β in comparison to Dak who tends to reset his drops often, avoid pressure and checkdown when pressure arrives (some could say β€œjumpy” or happy feet).Β Explains Wentz’ fumbling issues and Dak’s completion percentages but neither are inherently a Big Ben to Brady comparison. He just happensΒ toΒ chooseΒ those two to compare. Was a pretty lazy comparison really. Wentz is way more athletic than Ben but they both do have a strong base in the pocket. And Dak, who’s ability to reset quickly and deliver the ball fast is good, tends to get too happy footed for my liking. But in any event, Brady never cameΒ off to me as a jumpy QB unless the defense is really pressuring him that game. I don’t think it’s a good comparison either way. It just represented a strong based QB who ignoresΒ glancing blows to a QB who gets his feet down in positions quickly to deliver balls while trying to avoidΒ any contact. Either position ofΒ the argument has its pros and cons.Β 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Matts keeps coming in here giving his boy a beating. BrutalΒ 

He isnt a Cowboy right now, so all these little edits dont count. And as he is a FA and not a Dallas Cowboy, I can say without bias that Carson Wentz sucks donkey balls compared to Dak.Β 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

...in pocket presence.

Agree or disagree, he’s just talking about Wentz’ ability to stand strong within the pocket, escaping thenΒ attacking downfield when pressure arrives (some could say irresponsible with the football whilst dropping back and setting)Β in comparison to Dak who tends to reset his drops often, avoid pressure and checkdown when pressure arrives (some could say β€œjumpy” or happy feet).Β Explains Wentz’ fumbling issues and Dak’s completion percentages but neither are inherently a Big Ben to Brady comparison. He just happensΒ toΒ chooseΒ those two to compare. Was a pretty lazy comparison really. Wentz is way more athletic than Ben but they both do have a strong base in the pocket. And Dak, who’s ability to reset quickly and deliver the ball fast is good, tends to get too happy footed for my liking. But in any event, Brady never cameΒ off to me as a jumpy QB unless the defense is really pressuring him that game. I don’t think it’s a good comparison either way. It just represented a strong based QB who ignoresΒ glancing blows to a QB who gets his feet down in positions quickly to deliver balls while trying to avoidΒ any contact. Either position ofΒ the argument has its pros and cons.Β 

My entire point 4 years ago was that Dak models his game after Brady. In fact I said he was the love child of Alex Smith and Brady. Players who "take what the defense gives you", like to stay in the pocketΒ (Brady) but have some mobility if needed (Smith).Β 

Ive never said Dak was as good as Brady, but that is his play style.Β