🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

35 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think the Washington D-Line is very overrated. We made them the big reputation they had last year, just like we did with Osi. 

And as I said earlier, Daniel Jones isn’t as bad as people make him to be.

Agree on both counts. We just saw the Giants pass protection completely shut down WFT in that 2nd half. I find it hard to believe the Giants OL became even average over night, especially after losing one of their better members. In fact, their entire D is very overrated. They just got shredded through the air in back to back weeks. Good defense? Probably, but by no means are they a fearsome unit that could carry a mediocre offense to double digit wins.

Jones' deep ball is as good as anyone, and he has serious wheels. Now he really seems to struggle throwing off platform, so you can't really combine those 2 strengths and have him rolling out and slinging bombs like Wilson or Mahomes do, but you can certainly utilize read options (which they did a proper amount tonight) and more importantly call more deep shots. I don't think it was until the 3rd quarter they attempted a pass over 20 yards? I know the protection struggled early but still, no excuse to get 0 deep shots in. I think Garrett is just as inept an OC as he was a HC. Saquon and Toney, 2 big time weapons, but they do nothing creative to get these guys the ball in space. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I like the story that came out about Laurie that with Doug he basically said "If a risky in game decision is supported by the analytics, go for it. I'll support you"

Looks after one week the same is applying to Nick. It allows them to coach without that fear. 

Yes and generally speaking. I tend to agree with the decision making we've made in regards to being aggressive/passive. Even under Doug. That was certainly one thing I'll give this org. I like it.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

For real...

It's odd to me that the Oline was able to pass block well both of these games but can't even create a hole for this man Barkley. Both teams loaded up to stop SB and played man to man on the receivers. Jones has actually put together a decent stat line for the two games (minus the heinous fumble). Touchdown drops by Slayton and Golladay really hurt against WFT. Such an odd start because what I thought would be a strength (the defense, and run game) has been pathetic, what I thought would be a weakness (Jones and Pass blocking) has been good. Bizarro world...