The Moore Identity - Kellen promoted to OC, Kitna to QB coach

D82

This is like a presidential media campaign where they keep making a mountain out of a mole hill talking up accomplishments, integrity, intelligence, and when they finally get to the White House we only hear about why itself everyone else's fault as to why they can't get sh1t done.

2 hours ago, Northland said:

If Moore is as smart as everyone says he is then we should be willing to give him a shot at being OC.  He could be a diamond in the rough.  How much of a say will Garrett have over play calling?  I mean will Moore be the OC in title only?

I expect it will be a collaborative effort. 

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out in 2019.

I think it will be fun. Should see a lot more creative plays and a utilization of the middle of the field. 

I’m actually good with Moore as the OC.  My only concern is that because he’s so young and inexperienced in coaching that JG my have an undue influence on him.  It’s been so long since JG called his own plays that many of you have forgotten how truly horrible he was.  

I think Kellen has been destined to be a HC at a major college program or NFL for a long time.  Hopefully he turns into our very own McVey.

I have high hopes but then I always have high hopes.    My glass is not only half full but that half full is spilling over the rim

now I used to watch every Boise state game played until last year or so I have watched every Moore college game he played the guy was smart   And yes Garret was great as a coordinator at one time also.   But.  

I have to pull back a little on expectations first NO way can I say we suddenly added a great offensive guru to our team like you have with NO or LA.  

And one of the reasons I am expecting improvement is that we are not changing much so going forward Dak can work on mechanics and fine tuning the game not relearning a whole new offensive scheme game plan just adding to it 

16 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m actually good with Moore as the OC.  My only concern is that because he’s so young and inexperienced in coaching that JG my have an undue influence on him.  It’s been so long since JG called his own plays that many of you have forgotten how truly horrible he was.  

I think Kellen has been destined to be a HC at a major college program or NFL for a long time.  Hopefully he turns into our very own McVey.

This sums up my feelings exactly.

Old headlines:

If I never see another shotgun formation with an empty backfield on third and short it’ll be way, way too soon.

Thursday’s 38-31 loss to Washington at Cowboys Stadium should come as absolutely no surprise at all. You could have probably seen this one coming last weekend as the Dallas Cowboys needed overtime to beat a two-win team from Cleveland.

Are you aware that Dallas has been outscored 41-3 in the first two quarters of their past two games? Forget the fact that they were both played at home. 

Dallas needed to run the ball and control the clock.

Forget that!

I don’t know for sure, but Sunday had to be close to a franchise record for fewest rushing attempts by a Dallas offense in any game ever played. The Cowboys totaled seven pathetic carries for the game by guys not named Tony Romo or Dez Bryant, who picked up six yards on a reverse.

Seven carries.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1420968-dallas-cowboys-head-coach-jason-garrett-just-doesnt-get-it

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I remember alot of shotgun draw plays under early JG.

A lot is an understatement. 3rd and 6? Draw. 1st and 15 after a false start? Draw. Coming out of the two minute warning? Draw and run to the line. 2nd and goal from the 7? Yup- draw. 

Its a good play; just too much early on under JG, followed by never running it once under SL. Running it twice a game keeps the edge rushers honest on shotgun play action. 

I just don’t understand the delay in naming an OC?  I mean if it’s gonna be Moore or Nuss why wait? Why all the cloak and dagger or smoke screen what ever you wanna call it. 

This organization can be so dumb at times, it’s mind boggling

21 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I just don’t understand the delay in naming an OC?  I mean if it’s gonna be Moore or Nuss why wait? Why all the cloak and dagger or smoke screen what ever you wanna call it. 

Does it really matter? I mean, so long as the guys in-house know (and I'm sure they do), what's the big deal?

19 hours ago, textaz03 said:

This seems like quite the overreaction. Determining exactly how your offense will run is an important decision. They are taking time to make sure they get it right.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
21 hours ago, textaz03 said:

This seems like quite the overreaction. Determining exactly how your offense will run is an important decision. They are taking time to make sure they get it right.

My thinking as well. The longer this drags out the more you have to think there is probably another name or two that Dallas has an interest in. Jedd Fisch please

Archived