The Moore Identity - Kellen promoted to OC, Kitna to QB coach

D82

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That does nothing to make his case though. So these other coaches failed at their jobs with other teams but apparently they are doing great here? Is it that quote or another one I'm not reading?

What he's saying is that we tended to hire coaches for the main positions (OC/DC/ST) that came from another coaching tree. Therefore - they leave, take jobs elsewhere - it's not like they developed under Garrett. So yeah, it makes sense he doesn't really have a tree. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:02 PM, D82 said:

What he's saying is that we tended to hire coaches for the main positions (OC/DC/ST) that came from another coaching tree. Therefore - they leave, take jobs elsewhere - it's not like they developed under Garrett. So yeah, it makes sense he doesn't really have a tree. 

Sure, you can’t blame Garrett for the fact that our FO has chosen to surround him with experience throughout his tenure (Marinelli, Linehan, Callahan, Bisaccia, etc). But the main point of the article- that no other NFL team has even considered hiring an offensive assistant who came up under Garrett this decade- is still at least a little damning.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Sure, you can’t blame Garrett for the fact that our FO has chosen to surround him with experience throughout his tenure (Marinelli, Linehan, Callahan, Bisaccia, etc). But the main point of the article- that no other NFL team has even considered hiring an offensive assistant who came up under Garrett this decade- is still at least a little damning.

Well his first in house hire did a horrible job yesterday at the pro bowl of all places. 

Whether the Pro Bowl was a for-shadowing of things to come or just a silly game, doesn't alleviate my concerns that Dallas has a HC with a long track record of not being anything special and an OC with ZERO OC experience. 

Its like JJ spends over a billion dollars on a stadium but has 10 cents coaches... Just DUMB!!!

I'm very willing to freak out in most cases, but it was the freaking pro bowl- he had 3 days as a brand new hire with no experience while working with players he never coached before who were mostly concerned with not getting hurt. Goddamn fans vote on the participants. The pro bowl is a joke and any takes based off of it are equally laughworthy.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Whether the Pro Bowl was a for-shadowing of things to come or just a silly game, doesn't alleviate my concerns that Dallas has a HC with a long track record of not being anything special and an OC with ZERO OC experience. 

Its like JJ spends over a billion dollars on a stadium but has 10 cents coaches... Just DUMB!!!

Some people just have so many problems but offer so few solutions...

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ten cent coaches are much easier to control. Jerry has proven a distaste for strong head coaches. He prefers puppets, and that’s the entire staff.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Are we really evaluating Moore based upon minimal preparation for what was a glorified touch football game that no one takes seriously?  Save it for games that matter. 

Some people just thrive on negativity.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Are we really evaluating Moore based upon minimal preparation for what was a glorified touch football game that no one takes seriously?  Save it for games that matter. 

Exactly. The game is a joke, and no one took it seriously. No one should put any stock in any of the play calling in that game.

I'm no more excited about Moore's hire as OC as I was when they hired him as QB coach. Simply isn't enough experience there. Not a fan of the OC by committee approach team appears to be taking either. Comes a point where I think there are too many voices in the room, though that philosophy has worked well in the draft.

I do like everything I've heard about and from Moore and Kitna to this point though. Tempered expectations and wait and see what happens. May work out better than I envision. I don't really think it can be worse than what happened with Linehan. So there's that, I guess. 

Archived