Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

It could have been flagged, but it was released very quickly.  I'd say it was more likely to be missed than the DPI.

Possibly, but I look for that kind of thing when I’m watching the ball carrier go into contact. I thought I saw his head move awkwardly, which generally means facemask.

On the DPI, I thought the DB got there with the ball in real time. When I saw the replay, I was pretty shocked at how early the defender got there, but the slow motion replays will always exaggerate how early it really was.

I can understand why neither was flagged, even if both were clear penalties. I just don’t think one is a significantly worse miss than the other.

I think it's up there as one of the worst no-calls in NFL history; there's no denying that when you consider the magnitude of the decision. It'll definitely go down in infamy - especially if this play is the catalyst behind the rule change for coach's challenges like Brady and the tuck rule.

7 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Possibly, but I look for that kind of thing when I’m watching the ball carrier go into contact. I thought I saw his head move awkwardly, which generally means facemask.

On the DPI, I thought the DB got there with the ball in real time. When I saw the replay, I was pretty shocked at how early the defender got there, but the slow motion replays will always exaggerate how early it really was.

I can understand why neither was flagged, even if both were clear penalties. I just don’t think one is a significantly worse miss than the other.

You sure you have 20/20 vision?  Not even in real time did that look close to being bang bang.  TL was already on the ground by the tome the ball flew by

3 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I do think the DPI was worse.  I would have thought so whether or not my team was involved.

I don't think we deserved to win the game though, we made too many mistakes, and didn't capitalize on our chances early when we had the momentum.  We needed to score TDs while the Rams were still rattled, and we didn't do that.  It was only a matter of time before the Rams settled into the game.  Our defense was very good this year, but it was never good enough to stop the Rams offense for an entire game.  We just blew too many opportunities to win the game.

I'm said my piece and I don't plan on discussing this any further.

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Never said it was just using your terminology to point out it's really easy to apply what you're saying to anything you want to in the game. 

Okay but my wording stated that it was an obvious DPI call but not so much an obvious facemask. Sure, DPI calls are missed all the time, as are facemasks, but I made the point that the facemask was nowhere near as egregious as Robey-Coleman's destruction of Lewis. It's much harder to miss that specific DPI than that specific facemask.

It was a bad call for sure but the refs also missed a facemask and PI that should have been on the Saints earlier in the game. Those would have been just as crucial calls as this non call was. To say the Saints were cheated or anything like that is a joke. The NFL has catered to them for years. 

1 hour ago, RabidPanther89 said:

It was a bad call for sure but the refs also missed a facemask and PI that should have been on the Saints earlier in the game. Those would have been just as crucial calls as this non call was. To say the Saints were cheated or anything like that is a joke. The NFL has catered to them for years. 

there’s nobody that i trust more than “rabidpanther89” to have a researched and an objective opinion on the new orleans saints 

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Probably because it was nowhere near as obvious or egregious as the "no-call" on the Pass Interference/Helmet to Helmet. It was more of a bang bang play that could be left up for interpretation much like these other key nocalls:

brees-jpg.110489

helmet-jpg.110490

No call on the helmet to helmet knocking Hill out of the game

holding-jpg.110491

No holding on this play where Gurley clearly held

screenshot_20190121-150006_youtube-jpg.1

Robey-Coleman doing his thing again here

These Jpgs you’ve posted several times are like your argument! Imaginary and can’t be seen without them black and gold glasses. 

37 minutes ago, El ramster said:

These Jpgs you’ve posted several times are like your argument! Imaginary and can’t be seen without them black and gold glasses. 

Actually they show several no-calls that didn't go in the Saints favor. You of all people calling someone out for wearing "homer" glasses...Pot meet kettle

50 minutes ago, El ramster said:

That's actually a pretty good one. 

I can't see them either.

Archived