Top 5 Most Clutch QBs

rocky_rams

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

With Goff leading the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks this season and his clutch performance in the NFCCG in the most hostile stadium in the league, it got me thinking about QBs with a clutch gene

who’s your top 5 QBs with the game on the line NOT named Tom Brady (clutch GOAT)

Did Goff lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks?  I see Brees at 6 and Watson at 5 ahead of Goff at 4.  Then Game winning drives I see Brees at 7, Prescott and Watson at 5, Goff tied with a handful at 4.

10 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Did Goff lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks?  I see Brees at 6 and Watson at 5 ahead of Goff at 4.  Then Game winning drives I see Brees at 7, Prescott and Watson at 5, Goff tied with a handful at 4.

You’re right. I was looking at the older data. 

I’ll update 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

You’re right. I was looking at the older data. 

I’ll update 

In any case, I don't believe players magically get better in the clutch.  I do think some players handle pressure better than others.  Goff handled the pressure of the NFCCG very well.  But he's a great player who makes great plays, and some of those plays will come late in the game.

It also depends on what kind of team you have and a host of other variables on whether or not you get credited with a comeback or game winning drive.  Your defense can give up a last second miracle play that wipes a potential comeback off the board, like what happened to Brees last year.  Or your defense can make the plays they are supposed to and save your comeback, like what happened to Brady in the superbowl.  It's hard to argue against Brady as the GOAT clutch QB, but the team around you does make a big difference.

24 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

In any case, I don't believe players magically get better in the clutch.  I do think some players handle pressure better than others.  Goff handled the pressure of the NFCCG very well.  But he's a great player who makes great plays, and some of those plays will come late in the game.

It also depends on what kind of team you have and a host of other variables on whether or not you get credited with a comeback or game winning drive.  Your defense can give up a last second miracle play that wipes a potential comeback off the board, like what happened to Brees last year.  Or your defense can make the plays they are supposed to and save your comeback, like what happened to Brady in the superbowl.  It's hard to argue against Brady as the GOAT clutch QB, but the team around you does make a big difference.

Brady really somehow does get better in the clutch. I have never seen anything like it.

6 minutes ago, LieutenantGains said:

Brady really somehow does get better in the clutch. I have never seen anything like it.

Is he really though?  He makes great plays at all points of the game.  His best quarter for passer rating is the 2nd quarter.  He protects the ball very well and is very efficient.  This is gonna help you win games when the score is close and it's late in the game.  

I've got no problem calling him the GOAT clutch QB, but he's the GOAT QB anyway, so it makes sense.

11 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

As of right now...

1) Russell Wilson

2) Big Ben

3) A-A-ron 

4) Mahomes

5) Rivers

10 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

1. Rodgers

2. Wilson

3. Goff

4. Foles

5. Big Ben

Ben Roethlisberger is not more clutch than Tom Brady.

Archived