Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't sign him for more than $1.5 mil,  and mostly is would be to keep from forcing a pick on RB. Having him isn't going to change me away from a HB I really like long term though. He is more a stop gap because of missing out on Hunt. 

I still stand that Hunt needed to be claimed. Still on his rookie deal and a high end talent. If that happens we have a crazy amount of talent back there. 

I would be shocked if McCoy would be willIng to play for 1.5.  He would retire first.

I think you are looking at something more like 4-6 for McCoy.

10 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

ESPN has an article up regarding some FAs and how some dominos will fall depending on where guys land. I looked through the whole thing and I only saw one deal that affected the Bears. I believe it had Earl Thomas ending up in ATL (it was one of the ET29 routes i believe), but the domino affect had BC37 ending up w/ NYJ for 4/36. I know not to believe those numbers, who knows where they come from, but for that amount of money, Pace should let him walk and pick up what should be a 4th round comp pick instead.

Word on the street is SF may also be interested in Thomas and that Sherman is lobbying hard for them to get him.

$36mil/4yrs/$9mil apy seems high for Callahan but the NYJ have tons of cap space and they aren't shy about spending it.

I would be very surprised if Pace would match that kind of any offer even if he did tag him which I also doubt.

59 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Joe Flacco traded to Denver.

Elway is such a clown.

He was the man his first few years.  Drafted all good players, created a historically good defense and got Manning.

Then he started drugs or something.  

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He was the man his first few years.  Drafted all good players, created a historically good defense and got Manning.

Then he started drugs or something.  

They need to put him in a home 

Denver is a mess.

Fangio and Kubiak were supposed to be kinda co head coaches and then they weren't.

Could be worse even, Houston saved them from paying Osweiller big $$$.  Didn't save them from drafting Lynch in 2016, not drafting a QB in 2017 or 2018 and signing Case.

2 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Mathieu or Ha Ha ..  then Zeke Ansah, Roby and Gostkowski  

Draft a RB 

All done !

Clinton Dix is a FS. The Bears are losing Amos, not Jackson.

Ansah is going to get a pretty big contract, imo, so that's a no.

I wouldn't be upset with Roby and Gostkowski.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Clinton Dix is a FS. The Bears are losing Amos, not Jackson.

Ansah is going to get a pretty big contract, imo, so that's a no.

I wouldn't be upset with Roby and Gostkowski.

Just to throw in some food for thought, Pagano had Leonhard as SS in BAL who was undersized and fit the FS bill more closely, he went back and forth between the two roles. Then Landry came in and was a really solid back in coverage too, though he fit the SS mold much more than Leonhard ever could have. Bethea was his FS for his first year and actually moved to SS in IND and he was a FS for a huge chunk of his career too.  Mike Adams  was a more traditional SS after him though, but he was a pretty decent ballhawk too.

Add in how often he used the dime defense compared to most teams and how much of a passing league the NFL has turned into and he may want two guys who are more talented vs the pass. Just like how many said Fangio wanted guys who are interchangeable Pagano might want the same with his scheme having more blitzing and man coverage.

Archived