NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

On 4/20/2018 at 9:54 PM, babyatemydingo said:

I picked your response on which to reply because I wanted to comment on Marcus Peters.
Had the Eagles re-signed Jeremy Maclin the Chiefs may have chosen Agholor, leaving Peters to the Eagles.
I am a Pac-10 guy, so I saw them both play a lot as I am also a night owl.
I wanted Peters, but ......

my overall comment is that it is amazing how everyone wanted someone who is great now.
"Yeah, I wanted to vote for Jesus.  I totally scrolled it everywhere, but the scrolls got destroyed."

I have nailed a few and missed a few.
I am pretty close to 50/50.

I mean, yeah, I'll probably never shut up about how I was the ONLY one who LOVED Russell Wilson.
But, I also beat the drum and danced to my own beat when the Eagles took Riley Cooper, Daniel T'eo Nesheim, Marvin McNutt and Winston Justice.

We should have re-draft threads and lock them like time capsules.
My truth can't compete.

Finally, Trivia:

Prior to Brian Dawkins in 1996, who was the last Hall of Fame player drafted by the Eagles?

I tend to want people who go in the top 5-10 picks. People who go in the top 10 (and aren't QB's) tend to be pretty good players. How could you not want Luke Kuechly or Larry Fitz?

If his question was "Who did you want that was actually available when we picked", then I'd be listing a lot more bums, but he simply asked who we really wanted, and I really wanted guys who were stud top 10 picks, even if we had no shot at drafting them. Example, this year I really want Saquon, Chubb, Edmunds, Derwin, and Nelson. I bet in 5 years, all those guys are good. We have no shot to draft them, but I really want them on this team.

13 minutes ago, Phire said:

Repost:

Said it in there, but man we are sitting pretty there

Guice, Michel, Chark, Sutton, Hayden Hurst, Ragnow, Daniels, Maurice Hurst. Hubbard, Hughes and Reid

• Hurst is the most eagles pick, but depends what they think of the medical. Hubbard seems very Schwartzy as a rusher. Both are just bolstering our strength further. Hurst is more likely.
  • Guice and Michel are really a preference thing and I'm not sure if they wouldn't be fine moving down and getting another guy like a Penny with the extra picks.
  • Chark, Sutton, Hayden Hurst is just adding talent to the offense where we can. Chark brings return ability which is a big need too
  • Ragnow and Daniels are just straight up good interior lineman and while the least sexy could really lock down the interior of the line for many years.
  • Mike Hughes is a top 22 guy, his return ability is an added bonus. Do we need a corner? maybe not. But Darby is leaving next year probably and we definitely have room to improve at corner.
  • And we've talked about Reid a ton, checks a lot of boxes and would have an immediate role in the slot and coming in in the 3 safety sets we dabbled with last year.

If this is the board I'd be happy with all those guys, and would allow us to drop a handful of picks into Day 2 to get some extra picks.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Guice, Michel, Chark, Sutton, Hayden Hurst, Ragnow, Daniels, Maurice Hurst. Hubbard, Hughes and Reid

• Hurst is the most eagles pick, but depends what they think of the medical. Hubbard seems very Schwartzy as a rusher. Both are just bolstering our strength further. Hurst is more likely.
  • Guice and Michel are really a preference thing and I'm not sure if they wouldn't be fine moving down and getting another guy like a Penny with the extra picks.
  • Chark, Sutton, Hayden Hurst is just adding talent to the offense where we can. Chark brings return ability which is a big need too
  • Ragnow and Daniels are just straight up good interior lineman and while the least sexy could really lock down the interior of the line for many years.
  • Mike Hughes is a top 22 guy, his return ability is an added bonus. Do we need a corner? maybe not. But Darby is leaving next year probably and we definitely have room to improve at corner.
  • And we've talked about Reid a ton, checks a lot of boxes and would have an immediate role in the slot and coming in in the 3 safety sets we dabbled with last year.

If this is the board I'd be happy with all those guys, and would allow us to drop a handful of picks into Day 2 to get some extra picks.

That board would come down to Guice, Reid and Hughes for me. I'd lean Reid or Hughes because of positional value. I think Hughes has the athletic profile for the slot and also add return ability which the Eagles need. That 2 for 1 makes me want to take him.

I'd be on the phone for a trade back for sure

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That board would come down to Guice, Reid and Hughes for me. I'd lean Reid or Hughes because of positional value. I think Hughes has the athletic profile for the slot and also add return ability which the Eagles need. That 2 for 1 makes me want to take him.

I'd be on the phone for a trade back for sure

Hard to argue against that, I think Maurice Hurst is a wild card...we don't really know how they assessed his medical but with a clean bill of health he's in that top #24 mix.

But those three are the most likely out of that bunch I agree.

I have a tough time grading these RBs honestly, I don't want a guy like Chubb, but can any of you break down why Guice is in a tier above the next batch?
There is a lot to like about him, I'm just curious.

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I really want us to stick with the power running backs. It did wonders for us in the playoffs and I really like that identity to the team. I wouldn´t be mad if we draft Ronald Jones but I don´t want a guy like Nyheim Hines.

Agreed 100% - I'd prefer if we stayed away from the niche type players and focus on getting a 3 down back instead. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I really want us to stick with the power running backs. It did wonders for us in the playoffs and I really like that identity to the team. I wouldn´t be mad if we draft Ronald Jones but I don´t want a guy like Nyheim Hines.

Nobody wanted to hit our RBs that late in the season. Worked out perfectly.

Archived