NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

6 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

maybe three down back was the wrong term to use, we need someone who can deliver the body blows and carry the load for the majority of the game 

Rashad Penny. Trade down for a 2nd and 3rd and take him with the 3rd.

6 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

maybe three down back was the wrong term to use, we need someone who can deliver the body blows and carry the load for the majority of the game 

Oh gotcha I agree, yea we need someone to likely replace Jay next year

Getting a one trick guy is just going to put us in the same if not worse position next year.

Bunch of guys like that in the late 1st to 5th this year so we should be good as long as we pick one.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think he'll be gone by a mid 3rd though, Sony Guice and Jones all go somewhere from #15 to #40 and then Penny is probably the next guy.

And unless a QB drops can't see any teams overpaying too move up to much.

I guess if it was like #49 and #67 from the Colts if they were desperate to come up for a guy like Mike Hughes or Guice. Would likely have to kick back a 4th or something else.

But who knows 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Penny, Johnson, Freeman and Bo are all viable options who have varying grades. It might be a stretch to include Darrel Williams in that group but he is a bonafide bruiser and may make for a nice late round flier. 

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

To be honest, while he might not be the "workhorse" a lot of you seem to want. I really like Mark Walton.

I like Walton, if we did get a 3rd when moving back wouldn't be mad about adding him.
Doesn't have the overall skillset yea, but good runner, like his patience & vision while still clawing north/south

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think he'll be gone by a mid 3rd though, Sony Guice and Jones all go somewhere from #15 to #40 and then Penny is probably the next guy.

And unless a QB drops can't see any teams overpaying too move up to much.

I guess if it was like #49 and #67 from the Colts if they were desperate to come up for a guy like Mike Hughes or Guice. Would likely have to kick back a 4th or something else.

But who knows 

100% agree.

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I Iike Mike Mayock generally but it really annoys me all of his top 5's always have a tie for 5. Grow some Doug nuts and pick someone Mayock! 

Yea need to inject some skin into the mock game

I think it's also stupid that the general thinking amongst mocksters is that mocking trades is dumb or beneath them.

Grow a pair and predict, it's what you supposedly get paid to do.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Has anyone else's interest for the draft been completely sapped due to our championship. I mean I'll follow it, do my research on our picks and all that, but man, I don't know how to explain it other than... I just don't care, we the champs. 

Exactly how I feel. Combine that with the fact that we barely have any picks and I could care less. There’s not much Howie and Joe need to add this team at the current time.

Just now, RBreezy said:

Exactly how I feel. Combine that with the fact that we barely have any picks and I could care less. There’s not much Howie and Joe need to add this team at the current time.

and unlike in year's past, I have full trust in them. I have 0 desire to play armchair GM, and that's half the fun of draft season. The FO has more than earned my trust, may only be for a year, but 4 months coming off a SB? Yeah, I'm not questioning their decisions. 

and to be clear, while I am complaining about the draft being less interesting for me, I will obviously take being in this "pickle"100 times out of 100. Feels f'n good being the champs.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Has anyone else's interest for the draft been completely sapped due to our championship. I mean I'll follow it, do my research on our picks and all that, but man, I don't know how to explain it other than... I just don't care, we the champs. 

yeah i really dont care this year 

Archived