NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh, I fully agree with you there and a corner like Jaire is just one option.

I don't think there is a set in stone answer for what position we should address which is the beauty of this pick.

We have one of the most (if not the most) complete starting rosters in the league and are set up to go BPA.

Maybe that is James Daniels (G/C), Jaire Alexander (CB), Derrius Guice (RB), and so on.... just depends on the Eagles board.

All I know is I just don't want to go with a player like Kolton Miller that has high bust potential.

if miller is the highest rated player on the eagles board when 32 rolls around then we need a new scouting department. 

Like I have said in the past I wonder how much if at all the future really matters to Howie. A lot of his moves have been for instant success so I would imagine the preference would be to add a guy that contributes to some extent next season. (be it slot, getting carries, second tight end, rotational DL)

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It seems like there´s less interest on the draft this year in our forum. I used to read a lot about possible prospects for us in here, but this year not so much. 

A few reasons.

1. We won the Superbowl
2. Because we won the Superbowl, we don't pick until 32.
3. We don't even have a 2nd and 3rd round pick
4. This roster could be fielded as is and still be one of the more complete and talented rosters in the league.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

A few reasons.

1. We won the Superbowl
2. Because we won the Superbowl, we don't pick until 32.
3. We don't even have a 2nd and 3rd round pick
4. This roster could be fielded as is and still be one of the more complete and talented rosters in the league.

Yes funny enough this is the year I´ve been more invested in the draft prospects in a long time. 

24 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes funny enough this is the year I´ve been more invested in the draft prospects in a long time. 

I think there are just so many ways to go, both because we have no idea who will be there this year and we are addressing needs a year or two even three out.
So for better or worse there is room for personal preference to push those needs up or down a lot easier.

Seems like everyone has their 3 guys they'd be happy with at #32, and some have a couple targets if we trade back.
And there isn't a ton of disagreement besides "Well I just like this guy a little more"

I think if we look at how they've valued positions in the past,

RB and LB typically aren't positions we value...but at #32 there could be value guys like Rashaan Evans and Guice, but then with Guice it's like we can get pretty good backs in the 2nd/4th, so why stay there?

WR is a position that seems to taper off, so if they value those 4/5 guys and want to address the potential impending need when Mike Wallace leaves next year, 

Some good TEs should be there, but is a backup TE worth pulling the trigger on in the 1st? There are some solid guys later in this draft too you can get.

As we all know, the Eagles love the OLine and there will be some good interior lineman there, but is that a need anytime soon? Arguable.
OTs will take a dip at #32, but if we move back there will be a couple worthy options. But I think Big V did well enough that this isn't a huge need to me. 

DLine, perhaps the most valued position outside QB here. There will be some really good interior dlinemen at the end of the 1st. And it's where I think they might go. But I could see them liking Sam Hubbard at DE, and obviously value pash rushers enough to add him to the stable.

Corner is a need that is very debated, some say we are good...others think we still need to address the position. We have everyone except Darby locked up at least two years, I think a straight outside corner doesn't make sense. BUUUUUTTT...if there is an excellent slot guy that can do other stuff, he could be worth it. There are going to be a couple good guys there this year. 

Safety is a position that carries some value for the team, and is one of the "sneakier needs" . McLeod was a liability in the super bowl with his lack of versatility and is going to be on the block to be a cap casualty in the next couple years. He does what he can well, but limits how you can disguise coverage. Enter a guy like Justin Reid and we can fill the 3rd safety need (for depth and to continue evolving the 3 safety sets we did last year. Reid ticks the safety and slot needs we have and will be valued highly probably.

Returner, obviously don't draft a guy just for that..but any prospect who can do kick and punt returns gets a boost for that. It's a need for sure.

Anyway I'm just spewing thoughts as I wait for my car to be fixed ha

Tl;dr - I think Justin ReidMaurice Hurst and Taven Bryan are our top 3,
or at least my top 3 that meet positions we value x prospects worthy of taking at #32

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Tl;dr - I think Justin ReidMaurice Hurst and Taven Bryan are our top 3,
or at least my top 3 that meet positions we value x prospects worthy of taking at #32

I think my 3 guys that I would be most happy about would be:

1. Guice

2. Justin Reid

3. Connor Williams

They may be a bit too optimistic but I think they will cement any of those three units.

So here's a thought, coming into any specific draft, who was "your guy" you wanted the Eagles to draft with their first selection. Ignore Wentz because everyone knew that was coming.

The most recent one I really wanted was Dee Ford. Did well in 2016 after a slow first two seasons, was hurt most of last year. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

So here's a thought, coming into any specific draft, who was "your guy" you wanted the Eagles to draft with their first selection. Ignore Wentz because everyone knew that was coming.

The most recent one I really wanted was Dee Ford. Did well in 2016 after a slow first two seasons, was hurt most of last year. 

I dont really even have a guy this draft. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I wanted Larry Fitzgerald,  Eric Berry, and Luke Kuechly very very badly. Last year, who I wanted changed weekly, but I mostly wanted Corey Davis,  followed by OJ Howard and Mixon. Then Ramcyzk. After that i wanted Sidney Jones or Tredavius or Conley. Ironically, I started the year really wanting Barnett, but his combine disappointed me. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

"My guys" that i remember

2017- Sidney Jones (preinjury)/TreDavious White

2016- Carson Wentz

2015- Jake Fisher

2014- HaHa Clinton Dix

2013- Dion Jordan

2012- Fletcher Cox

2011- Prince Amukamara 

2010- Earl Thomas

Archived