NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

On 4/10/2018 at 1:16 PM, Danger said:

XIOUnIv.png

That 2007 QB class tho.

Go figure the Eagles drafted the top QB in three of those years. And had another (Sleeves) play for them. And had one more (Vick) from those lists play. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Their stats are almost identical so pretty close.

Ben just plays for a better organization. Rivers had some changes early in his career, but the last decade or so, San Diego hasn't done much favors to help put a good team around him.

13 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Go figure the Eagles drafted the top QB in three of those years. And had another (Sleeves) play for them. And had one more (Vick) from those lists play. 

Then goes and wins a SB with a backup from the 2012 class. Go figure.

Does anyone have 1 player they want above all else without question that is realistic at 32?

Cause I don't think I do.

Like I would love to get Harold Landry to pair with Derek Barnett for years to come, but him being there at the end of the 1st round isn't realistic.

I need to watch some James Daniels.

Haven't seen a lot, but we brought him in for a draft visit and teams usually take players in the 1st round that they brought in for a visit.

It wouldn't be a reach for need cause starter wise we are fine on the interior like Kelce and Brooks are beasts. Wiz isn't near their level, but he is solid.

If we draft Daniels its not a given he even starts, but he would compete with Wiz for that LG spot and even if he doesn't start our depth is pretty horrible on the interior.

Like if Wiz, Kelce, or Brooks were to go down at any time in the season what we have behind them is Isaac Seumalo (looked rough last year after a somewhat promising rookie year), Chance Warmack (can move guys in the run game but not reliable as a pass protector), and then guys who have never played in a regular season game.

We got lucky that our entire interior was healthy for practically the whole season and all of the playoffs, but we might not be so lucky next year.

If the Eagles grade Daniels very highly and he's definitely BPA, then I could see it.

The hope is that he is your starting LG day 1 and you don't have to start Daniels at center at least until Kelce can't do it at a high level anymore, but the Eagles should be ready in case he goes down. Then, Wiz moves to the bench as an option to start at guard or center and hopefully Seumalo rebounds in year 3 to strengthen our depth.

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Does anyone have 1 player they want above all else without question that is realistic at 32?

Cause I don't think I do.

Like I would love to get Harold Landry to pair with Derek Barnett for years to come, but him being there at the end of the 1st round isn't realistic.

I think if any of those top 3 receivers or Reid were on the board I'd be disappointed if we took a lesser guy. But I don't NEED them.

Hmm, If Maurice Hurst drops I'd say take him over anyone else.
He'd be lethal in this system and with the 3rd DT playing 40-44% of snaps, he'd be worth it when Ngata is gone. 

Also Timmy really trailed off last year, so if we can keep him fresher or push him it's worth it. And if he doesn't pick it up we move on in two years and save money.

1. JAMES DANIELS | Iowa 6033 | 306 lbs. | JR. Warren, Ohio (Harding) 9/13/1997 (age 20.6) #78

BACKGROUND: A four-star offensive center recruit out of high school, James Daniels was a three-year starter at Warren G. Harding on the offensive and defensive
lines, earning all-state honorable mention honors as a junior and senior. He also lettered in track, tossing shot put and discus. Daniels was the No. 4 center recruit in
the 2015 class and received offers from Alabama, Ohio State and several others, but he followed his older brother (LeShun) to Iowa City, signing with the Hawkeyes
(as a sophomore center at Harding, Daniels opened run lanes for his older brother, the star running back). Daniels practiced and played at several offensive line
positions as a true freshman back-up, earning two starts at left guard in 2015. He moved to center as a sophomore and started 11 games, missing two due to injury.
Daniels missed the 2017 season opener before starting the final 12 games of his junior year at center, earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. He decided to
skip his final season and enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

YEAR (GP/GS)
2015: (13/2) 2 LG
2016: (11/11) 11 OC
2017: (12/12) 12 OC
Total: (36/25) 23 OC, 2 LG

HT   WT   ARM   HAND   WING    40-YD 20-YD 10-YD     VJ          BJ       SS     3C   BP
COMBINE
6033 306 33 3/4  09 1/2  80 1/4        -           -          -         30 1/2   09’00”  4.40  7.29  21
PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only)

STRENGTHS: Broad shouldered frame with proportionate bulk…quick snap-to-step motion…balanced mover and stays off the ground…fluid lower body and natural
flexibility to bounce, shuffle and stay between defender and quarterback in pass protection…stubborn, fundamentally-sound hands…uses his reach to ******/control
the three-technique with ease…effortlessly drops his hips to engage and turn defenders, sealing run lanes…efficient puller to get around the edge and block in
space…alert and ready for anything, cutting off delayed blitzers…high football IQ and rarely caught out of position…played primarily at center the past two seasons,
but also saw action at guard (two starts) and tackle (entered Illinois game at right tackle due to injury) in 2015, becoming the first Iowa true freshman to start on the
offensive line since Bryan Bulaga (2007).

WEAKNESSES: Needs to continue and fill out his frame, strengthening his core…anchor would benefit with more sand in his pants…not a bully blocker and lacks the
brute power to overwhelm targets…initial punch could use more spice…gives linebackers notice when he intends to go low and cut, allowing them to elude him in
space…medicals need addressed, missing three games the last two seasons – underwent right knee surgery (Jan. 2016) to repair a partially torn meniscus, missing
spring drills and the first two games of the 2016 season; also missed the 2017 season opener due to a knee sprain.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Iowa, Daniels took over the starting center duties the last two seasons and developed into one of the best interior blockers in
college football, despite never making the first or second All-Conference team. There are few reasons to believe he won’t be a successful NFL starter with his clean
posture and mechanics to stay centered at contact. Daniels is an outstanding athlete with his initial set-up and movements in both the run and passing game to keep
defenders occupied. The medical evaluation on his right knee might be his biggest concern. Overall, Daniels will be only 20 years old when he attends his first NFL
training camp and needs to continue and develop his strength, but his athleticism, technique and intelligence project him as a high-end NFL starting center,
worthy of top-25 draft consideration.

GRADE: 1st Round (#17 overall)

This is his scouting report from Dane Brugler's draft guide for anyone interested.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think if any of those top 3 receivers or Reid were on the board I'd be disappointed if we took a lesser guy. But I don't NEED them.

Hmm, If Maurice Hurst drops I'd say take him over anyone else.
He'd be lethal in this system and with the 3rd DT playing 40-44% of snaps, he'd be worth it when Ngata is gone. 

Also Timmy really trailed off last year, so if we can keep him fresher or push him it's worth it. And if he doesn't pick it up we move on in two years and save money.

We shouldn't take a lesser player (one who isn't in the convo for BPA) no matter who is on the board.

I agree about Hurst being tempting if he falls, because I do really want another DT that can get more pressure besides Cox. 

This is a pretty good defensive tackle group and we will probably see another great one next year though.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We shouldn't take a lesser player (one who isn't in the convo for BPA) no matter who is on the board.

I agree about Hurst being tempting if he falls, because I do really want another DT that can get more pressure besides Cox. 

This is a pretty good defensive tackle group and we will probably see another great one next year though.

Oh yea for sure, it's just a combo of I like those guys or I think they'd help us this year and that would happen...like it's an extra burn to feel like we reached and the Giants get the player I like a couple picks later.

I think Wr, Safety and Dt are all in the same position, where we don't have an immediate need but could use a rotational guy and in the next year or two could need a starter as guys leave or we need to cut them because of how much they cost vs how much they are worth.

I think if we can add Hurst, Sutton/Ridley/Moore or Reid we are helping ourselves this year and helping build towards the future.
But I think Hurst could be the most dominant at his position in that group and would get the most snaps next year.

Archived