NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

4 hours ago, Danger said:

So here's a thought, coming into any specific draft, who was "your guy" you wanted the Eagles to draft with their first selection. Ignore Wentz because everyone knew that was coming.

The most recent one I really wanted was Dee Ford. Did well in 2016 after a slow first two seasons, was hurt most of last year. 

I was pounding the table for Brandon Graham in 2010.

Really wanted Fletcher Cox in 2012. He has far surpassed expectations.

Pounded the table for Barnett last draft. I was extremely impressed with his tape. Still can't believe he fell to pick 14.

I think the last player I was actually in love with as a prospect was just last year with Jamal Adams. I knew the Eagles had no shot, but a guy like him ends up being the glue to a defense for 10 years.

2017 Dalvin Cook

2016 Jaylon Smith/

2015 Shaq Thompson/DGB / 

2014 Kelvin Benjamin/ Deone Bucannon

2013 Ansah

Can't remember who I was scouting that far back 

I know I wasn't big on a ton of Eagles picks Cox/ BG but I think its easy/2nd nature to second guess your team's selections early. 

18 hours ago, Danger said:

So here's a thought, coming into any specific draft, who was "your guy" you wanted the Eagles to draft with their first selection. Ignore Wentz because everyone knew that was coming.

The most recent one I really wanted was Dee Ford. Did well in 2016 after a slow first two seasons, was hurt most of last year. 

I wanted JJ Watt, Demarcus Lawrence, and Vontaze Burfict in the first coming into their respective draft years.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I wanted JJ Watt, Demarcus Lawrence, and Vontaze Burfict in the first coming into their respective draft years.

Actually lets look back....

2017 - Dalvin Cook...effing Minnesota trading in front of us
2016 - I guess Wentz. Didn't really have a "favorite" because of the massive trade up for a QB
2015 - Marcus Peters was my wet dream that almost came true was so pissed when Big Red traded in front of us and took him. My plan B was Byron Jones...that SPARQ score
2014 - Demarcus Lawrence. I also liked Dennard a lot but he went in front of us.
2013 - Lane Johnson
2012 - I wanted Burfict so bad, one crap combine and "off field issues" later he could have been had for a 7th.
2011 - I wanted Watt, I had a mock where we traded up for him. We didn't, we took Danny Watkins.
2010 - Derrick Morgan. In the Great War of 2010 I was team Earl Thomas. Graham has come around but it took a long time.
2009 - I was a sucker for the Michal Oher story.
2008 - I wanted Jeff Otah, was cranky that we traded out first for Jason Peters. We all make mistakes.

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

2011 - I wanted Watt, I had a mock where we traded up for him. We didn't, we took Danny Watkins.

2012 - I wanted Burfict so bad, one crap combine and "off field issues" later he could have been had for a 7th.

Well done. My shining mock draft on here was in 2012 giving us Cox, Kendricks and Boykin. I just missed on the eventual SB MVP and major contributor in Curry. 

On 4/17/2018 at 1:55 PM, Danger said:

A few reasons.

1. We won the Superbowl
2. Because we won the Superbowl, we don't pick until 32.
3. We don't even have a 2nd and 3rd round pick
4. This roster could be fielded as is and still be one of the more complete and talented rosters in the league.

5. We probably trading back to pick up more picks anyways...

I just realized the poetic justice of how incredible the draft was in Philly last year, and how it got trolled by that loser Dallas player, only to have Dallas steal the draft out from under us this year. Now, in their house, we'll get to announce our pick as the SB champs. Feels good. 

42 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I just realized the poetic justice of how incredible the draft was in Philly last year, and how it got trolled by that loser Dallas player, only to have Dallas steal the draft out from under us this year. Now, in their house, we'll get to announce our pick as the SB champs. Feels good. 

Have they decided who's announcing it? Dawkins rocking his gold jacket sleeves cut off comes from the back room on all fours like he used to. chills...

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Have they decided who's announcing it? Dawkins rocking his gold jacket sleeves cut off comes from the back room on all fours like he used to. chills...

No idea who is announcing. I hope it's Tim Hauck wearing a Michael Irvin jersey.

6 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I think it is mostly for day 2 picks. We don´t have one, so we can either troll them by having them hear ¨The Super Bowl champions Philadelphia Eagles select...¨ or if we trade back pay them back. 

Eric Allen is the strongest candidate I think.

44 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:
7 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I think it is mostly for day 2 picks. We don´t have one, so we can either troll them by having them hear ¨The Super Bowl champions Philadelphia Eagles select...¨ or if we trade back pay them back. 

Eric Allen is the strongest candidate I think.

.....disappointing

Archived