NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yea I get the decisiveness of LVE, don't hate him but don't love him

But I like Moore

LVE only had 1 year of production. To me 1 year of production doesn't equal a 1st rounder.

As far as Moore, he looked so good cause Maryland was so bad. The offense went thru him mostly with screens and getting him the ball quick. I'm not a fan of WR screens, too simple to pick off. 

N yes we disagree on Gesicki to each their own on that one. 

Guice is intriguing to me, don't love it don't hate it. 

My #1 person I want is Justin Reid. I've been saying it all year get McLeod the **** out lol. 

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

LVE only had 1 year of production. To me 1 year of production doesn't equal a 1st rounder.

As far as Moore, he looked so good cause Maryland was so bad. The offense went thru him mostly with screens and getting him the ball quick. I'm not a fan of WR screens, too simple to pick off. 

N yes we disagree on Gesicki to each their own on that one. 

Guice is intriguing to me, don't love it don't hate it. 

My #1 person I want is Justin Reid. I've been saying it all year get McLeod the **** out lol. 

Cutting McLeod doesn't benefit us either way. I do like Reid and wouldn't mind him at 32 or after a trade down.

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I just look at how he plays 1on1, how garbage their QBs were helped show off his catch radius.
he's explosive has good vision after the catch and the body to not go down by a breeze like some guys.
His YAC ability and separation is plus for us..he also does a pretty good job with jump balls for someone not tall and lanky.

I like Justin Reid as well but to assume he'll replace McLeod is reaching. He'll likely be penciled in as the 3rd safety until he can take over. For all we know he'll likely replace Jenkins since they can do the same things. 

Jenkins cap hit decreases with each passing year while McLeod's increases 

23 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I like Justin Reid as well but to assume he'll replace McLeod is reaching. He'll likely be penciled in as the 3rd safety until he can take over. For all we know he'll likely replace Jenkins since they can do the same things. 

Jenkins cap hit decreases with each passing year while McLeod's increases 

true true

I think McLeod would be the more likely one that they'd want to move on from because he's limited in his ability

I think his limited ability exposed our coverage pretty bad in the super bowl...it was ridiculous how brady would simply just motion a guy and figure out what we were doing.
A guy like Reid would help hide coverage better

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

true true

I think McLeod would be the more likely one that they'd want to move on from because he's limited in his ability

I think his limited ability exposed our coverage pretty bad in the super bowl...it was ridiculous how brady would simply just motion a guy and figure out what we were doing.
A guy like Reid would help hide coverage better

Motion dictates a lot of coverages somebody runs with the motion its man/ if not zone. Yes I agree he's likely limited but Jenkins hasn't been asked to play CF either. I think its a case of they're telling those guys to do what they do best. McLeod play CF, Jenkins play man or in the box. Some of us are used to the days of Weapon X playing all over. Some of us remember when someone said the safeties were interchangeable. 

Maybe just maybe Jenkins is the limited one, older player, doesn't have the hips/range anymore to play CF?  

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't really see it with reid. I like bates much more in coverage and Harrison more vs the run. Reid to me is just like the Texas safety,  but a better athlete. 

I mean you could make an argument based on that for Reid like that you don't have as much concern with him when it comes to coverage (Harrison) or playing the run (Bates) as you do those guys.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't really see it with reid. I like bates much more in coverage and Harrison more vs the run. Reid to me is just like the Texas safety,  but a better athlete. 

What's "it"? 

Reid is a better tackler than Bates

Reid plays better in coverage than Harrison. 

I thought Elliot the safety from Texas is more like Marcus Allen an athlete who may need a year or two to learn the position.  

I like Bates but I believe his ceiling is lower...

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean you could make an argument based on that for Reid like that you don't have as much concern with him when it comes to coverage (Harrison) or playing the run (Bates) as you do those guys.

I think bates is solid vs the run. Haven't watched enough of Harrison in coverage. I like bates more as an all around safety than reid.

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

What's "it"? 

Reid is a better tackler than Bates

Reid plays better in coverage than Harrison. 

I thought Elliot the safety from Texas is more like Marcus Allen an athlete who may need a year or two to learn the position.  

I like Bates but I believe his ceiling is lower...

Reid is being touted as being a really smart player, which would be a blessing given all the responsibilities we give to our safeties, and McLeod makes wrong decisions often.

Archived