NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Pay cuts are very tough sells. I can see Celek taking one because of age and being a life time Eagle. The other two, i dont see happening

Curry is a life long eagles fan. There's a good chance he wouldn't want to play anywhere else. Could take a paycut. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:
2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Curry is a life long eagles fan. There's a good chance he wouldn't want to play anywhere else. Could take a paycut. 

Maybe but he is also a defensive  lineman under 30 in a league starved for dline help. 

This.

No reason for Curry to take a pay cut unless he's just an idiot.

He's coming off what I think was his best season as a pro.

His run defense was much better this year.

And, he racked up a good amount of pressures despite only converting for 3 sacks.

This was after the Championship games.

Keep in mind that Jackson, Campbell, and Ngakoue played 1 more game (Wild Card Round) than Curry to put up their pressures.

Keep in mind Curry only played 577 defensive snaps this season as Eagles d-linemen rotated a lot and weren't on the field much cause our offense led the league in TOP.

I understand his contract is bad, but he's still a good player and I don't think you rush to cut him with his dead money (6 million) being more than his cap savings (5 million).

If we were to take that dead money hit, then we better be getting a pick back for him.

I say you gotta just swallow the pill with Curry's deal.
Our defensive strength is the dline rotation.

We move Curry now, then we have two over 30 vets in Graham and Long up for new deals next offseason..a great strength could become a great weakness fast.

Assuming talent is the same, how would you guys rank the position you'd like drafted in the first?

I'm looking at two at the top in LB (assuming Bradham's gone) and WR (A deep threat because Torrey Smith usually is bad)

A lot of the people who aren't Eagles fans seem to think Halapoulivaati Vaitai is garbage (he's not at all). And others don't understand that we have our Corner situation decently figured out at this time.

Maybe a Safety could be considered?

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Assuming talent is the same, how would you guys rank the position you'd like drafted in the first?

I'm looking at two at the top in LB (assuming Bradham's gone) and WR (A deep threat because Torrey Smith usually is bad)

A lot of the people who aren't Eagles fans seem to think Halapoulivaati Vaitai is garbage (he's not at all). And others don't understand that we have our Corner situation decently figured out at this time.

LB, WR, CB - in that order

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

if Burton and Celek are gone I'd say LB, TE, WR, DT

Just now, Danger said:

I'm gonna guess we resign Burton and/or beau Allen. We'll have to wait and see which moves Howie makes to help the cap.

yea one of them is possible with our situation...even if we sign Beau, could see DT still. Continue to bolster that rotation.

But yea if Burton is signed TE isn't a need

Archived