NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

7 hours ago, oland11 said:

Shaquem Griffin ran a 4.38 unofficially. Just curious to know what people such as the analysts (and you guys) are thinking about this guy given he only has one hand. 

If he is playing off the ball.LB, now much does that hand really matter? Players at that position play with a broken hand, which has a similar effect, all the time. If i am not mistaken he doesnt have an irregular amount of missed tackles in college. Sure he wont have great int numbers but if hes there in the 4th, grab him

7 hours ago, oland11 said:

Shaquem Griffin ran a 4.38 unofficially

That times been confirmed, btw.

He's a really good football player. I think it's a little foolish to think missing a hand won't be a detriment at the next level, but his athleticism, instincts and intangibles are the stuff dreams are made of. I'd take him in the 3rd round.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

After drafting Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas last year. I have to think ball skills is something our front office is prioritizing.

Just look at our other defensive backs.

Mills played 18 games this year and had 19 PDs and 3 INTs

Darby played like 9.5 games (got hurt early in week 1 and only played a bit of week 17) and had 15 PDs and 3 INTs

Robinson played 19 games and had 19 PDs and 5 INTs

Haven't heard of him yet, but two things stand out from that description.

The first being that he's an 'absolute dog', because we know that's exactly the type of player Joe Douglas seems to like.

Other thing that obviously stands out is that he has some of the 'better ball skills in this draft'. 

Only cut up I can find right now, but you can see the ball skills on display. Has loose hips. Can close pretty quick.

You can see that he's got some speed when he tries to chase the guy from behind.

Need to watch more, but he's a name to keep in mind for the slot besides the obvious ones like Dawson, Stewart, etc.

Just ran a 4.32

Davontae Harris could be a nice safety convert

I like Taron Johnson (outside), Parry Nickerson (slot), Brandon Facyson (outside), Isaac Yiadom (outside), Darious Williams (slot), Chris Jones (outside), and Greg Stroman (slot) for us at CB in the late 4th or later, more or less in that order.

Archived