NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Not high on LVE myself, he has effort, and seems to be around the ball. I don't think we have to move up for him. 

My concerns:

He's going to really need to get in that weight room to play year 1. 

His burst isn't there. He may not be able to close vs the RBs in the NFCE (Zeke, Chris Thompson & possibly Barkley)  

I can't find a video of him being able to stack and shed. OL will get to him at the next level. 

Not So Quick Dream Mock Draft w/Trades

Trades

Foles traded to Az for #15 + #134

#15 + #134 + Mychal Kendricks traded to Buf for #22 + #56

#56 traded to Hou for #68 + #98

#32 Traded to SD for #48 + #84

Torrey Smith traded to Baltimore for a 7th

Rodney McLeod traded to Chicago for a 6th

Draft (The Dirty Dozen)

1-22 Leighton Vander Esch LB

2-48 DJ Moore WR

3-68 Dalton Schultz TE

3-84 Siran Neal S

3-98 Joseph Noteboom OT

4-131 Ade Aruna DE 

4-132  Parry Nickerson CB

5-156 Wyatt Teller LG

5-169 Chase Edmunds RB

6 Kurt Benkert QB

6 Genard Avery LB

7 Johnny Townsend P

UDFA

DT Bilal Nichols

DT Tony Guerad

DT Adbullah Anderson

QB Chase Litton

WR Steven Dunbar 

CB Chris Jones

CB Darious Williams

DE Justin Lawler

OG Matt Gono

LB Matthew Thomas

LB Skai Moore

Let me dream. Comment on my dream.

20 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I swear you guys have only watched LVE's bowl game.

It's not always about how great the player is right now, but about how great they can become with a year or two of NFL coaching. Fletcher Cox wasn't dominating every game in college either.

33 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is Matthew Thomas any good FSU fans? His combine was pretty impressive.

All the potential in the world but he's soft as hell for a linebacker and has zero instincts (feeling this is more of a confidence thing) - also, has a lot of injury concerns. He's be a nice project pick with a 5th or 6th round pick. 

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's not always about how great the player is right now, but about how great they can become with a year or two of NFL coaching. Fletcher Cox wasn't dominating every game in college either.

true,  though positionally speaking DTs rarely are coming out...but I get what you're saying

Some positions are easier to translate from college to the pros...like LBs and RBs more or less show you what they got, I feel like Lbs rarely come in and get amazing all of the sudden. Usually when it happens is when people don't trust the tape and knock them for other stuff like height or athleticism (see Burfict)

Clay Matthews kinda was one i guess, but it's usually on the tape

16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Is Matthew Thomas any good FSU fans? His combine was pretty impressive.

Saw him in person a few times and pretty much haven't missed a FSU game in years. I would't draft MT earlier than the third day. He has never stood out as far as what I've seen. He's athletic but not sure he has the instincts.

8 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I think Olines are going to eat Vander Esch up at the next level. Not saying he can't improve his ability to shed blocks but it seems many people are skeptical of him improving in that area. 

I don't understand this. Every LB that isn't a DE convert has to learn how to shed blocks much better than they did in college. Kuechly had to learn. Bobby Wagner had to learn. Vander Esch will learn. Tremaine Edmunds will learn. Darius Leonard will learn. They might not be pro bowlers in their rookie seasons, because they don't have Kuechly's instincts/football iq, but they will eventually become good players. Or at least should. I promise you Tremaine Edmunds is going to get eaten up by OL his rookie year even worse than LVE, but he's still worth a top 10 pick because of what he could potentially become once he learns the game/gets coached up, and his athletic gifts can be fully utilized.

In a way, LVE and Edmunds are the Josh Allen's of LB prospects. The peak of their mountains is very high, but they have a long climb to get there.

Also, let's just say we did trade Foles for pick 15. I'm not LVE or bust at that spot, but I do think he's a valid option. I also wouldn't mind Davenport, Derwin, Edmunds, Roquan, or a trade down for Will Hernandez, Taven Bryan, Da'Ron Payne, Rashaan Evans, Isaiah Oliver, Jaire Alexander, Courtland Sutton, Guice, Ronnie Harrison, Lorenzo Carter, and maybe Dallas Goedert or DJ Moore. Derwin would be the bomb, although I do like Siran Neal a lot in round 3/4.

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Sure but Fletch flashed most games and had more than one dominant game. LVE has one game that makes me think he’s a legitimate NFL talent. Yeah I’m not taking him if we ended up at 15.

Archived