NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He probably drops less INTs than Bradham tbh

How bad do you think the 2 handed guys at the combine felt misses passes in drills when he was able to catch some of them?

Speaking of Griffin, just ran across this blurb from Roto and the sensationalism in the media is hilarious.

Griffin (6'0/227) has become the darling of this draft for almost everyone. Well, almost. Farrell clearly admires what Griffin has overcome, but has questions about how things will translate at the next level. "So why wouldn’t I draft him...I just don’t think a player can be effective at the NFL level without a hand," he writes. "How will he tackle elite NFL players? How will he shed blocks of 350-pound tackles? How will he intercept stray passes?" We tend to think Griffin has shown the answers to these questions in his tape, but we don't doubt there are NFL teams who have similar questions.

How many '350 lb tackles' are out there in space where Griffin would work, let alone in the NFL?

Forget Griffin, that's a smokescreen.

We're taking Malik Jefferson after trading down. Nobody really talking about his combine, but he looked great in drills and has the prototype build for a 4-3 backer. Was also mentored by Jordan Hicks, luckily only on how to play football, and not how to stay healthy.

Would love to get him to succeed Bradham at SLB, then take Genard Avery in the 5th or 6th to compete at MLB (Preferably back up NaVorro Bowman!).  Having good LB's is a good thing, and I'd like that to continue despite Bradham likely leaving and possibly Kendricks too. Time to reload! 

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

We're taking Malik Jefferson after trading down. Nobody really talking about his combine, but he looked great in drills and has the prototype build for a 4-3 backer. Was also mentored by Jordan Hicks, luckily only on how to play football, and not how to stay healthy.

Would love to get him to succeed Bradham at SLB, then take Genard Avery in the 5th or 6th to compete at MLB (Preferably back up NaVorro Bowman!).  Having good LB's is a good thing, and I'd like that to continue despite Bradham likely leaving and possibly Kendricks too. Time to reload! 

I like how Malik plays, and yea he did look smoother in drills than I would’ve thought rewatching it. Would be nice to see that kind of investment in the LBs for once.

I think if the board falls a certain way they should take two of them. Get that depth building.

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

No thanks

1 hour ago, Phire said:

I love Griffin but the concern there is pretty obvious. Every team will meet with him for PR reasons so I don't think looking into the meeting really matters.

Oh? Why don't you just come out and say it, tell us how you really feel. 

Filthy 2 hand supremacists.

Aside from LVE, we met with a few guys that can play WLB. 

Met with a bunch of TEs 

and the OTs

I still think it’s going to boil down to is Foles ok with being traded. No way does Howie accept a conditional pick as the main piece. Maybe a 1 and a conditional 3rd. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

Aside from LVE, we met with a few guys that can play WLB. 

Met with a bunch of TEs 

and the OTs

I still think it’s going to boil down to is Foles ok with being traded. No way does Howie accept a conditional pick as the main piece. Maybe a 1 and a conditional 3rd. 

Given what Foles has done for us, I'd let him decide things to some degree. Essentially give him an unofficial no trade clause.

Just re-watched some Rashaan Evans, and I wasn't as impressed as I remembered being with him.

Jeezla 4-3 LB Ranks

1 Tremaine Edmunds

2 Roquan Smith

3 Leighton Vander-Esch

4 Darius Leonard

5 Rashaan Evans/Malik Jefferson

7 Fred Warner

8 Josey Jewell

9  Shaquem Griffin

10 Oren Burks/Micah Kiser

Archived