TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

About a month and a half ago I drop a boatload of money on two front and center half court tickets for tonight's Sixers game for my gf's 30th bday, and of course we have a damn blizzard. 

So....you went right?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

So....you went right?

Cooooorrect. Just before half time they announced that every fan could get two free hot dogs at half time only. So everyone bolted. These dummies were gone so long trying to get free wieners that they missed the entire 3rd quarter run. Most people came waddling back into their seats with a minute or two left in the 3rd, and all the starters were out by then.

It was a great time. Took me 2+ hours to get home, but that's life.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Cooooorrect. Just before half time they announced that every fan could get two free hot dogs at half time only. So everyone bolted. These dummies were gone so long trying to get free wieners that they missed the entire 3rd quarter run. Most people came waddling back into their seats with a minute or two left in the 3rd, and all the starters were out by then.

It was a great time. Took me 2+ to get home, but that's life.

At least it was a win with some Simmons dunks. Got a little chippy there for a bit. Good for the Sixers that it was a blowout, get some rest for the starters. And now theyre the 4th seed. Should be exciting. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

That's rough. I was actually thinking about going, a couple of our friends went and they got 5th row tix for like $40 bucks a pop. They were selling for pretty cheap on the secondary market because no one wanted to brave it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

That's rough. I was actually thinking about going, a couple of our friends went and they got 5th row tix for like $40 bucks a pop. They were selling for pretty cheap on the secondary market because no one wanted to brave it.

There were a surprising amount of people there! And they were being super tight with people sneaking down to lower seats. I was 12th row and watched 10-15 people get booted from seats in front of me.

reminds me this year at the Cardinals game I was just the right level of drunk that that after having one Chickies frie with cheese sauce from one of the guys I went with...that I needed to go get my own at half. Missing the first 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter. 

I was happy about it in the moment

On 3/22/2018 at 8:27 AM, Jlash said:

Philadelphians love their wieners.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

Dollar dog night at a Phillies game? You don't know what you're missing. 

They have this place called City Dogs near where I live, every Tuesday night they have dollar chili dogs.  You can get 2 chili dogs and a tall boy beer for like $5.50.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They have this place called City Dogs near where I live, every Tuesday night they have dollar chili dogs.  You can get 2 chili dogs and a tall boy beer for like $5.50.

Great deal, but I guarantee that every person who participates in that ends up clogging their toilet later that evening. 

Edited by RBreezy

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Virginians do like their tall boys.