NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Just now, DutchFalcon said:

Plz no. Dude is just as soft as Beasley with a worse physique. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brian-burns

Effort - Motor always runs consistently hot. Battles throughout every rep, deploying endless counters and is never content staying blocked. Aggressive to get his hands into throwing lanes and will chase in pursuit. Won't find him taking a play off or not competing through the whistle.

Play Strength - Exchanges power in the trenches just fine despite a leaner frame. Does well to leverage his hips and anchor when setting the edge. Powerful hitter that generates good power from his lower body. Technical refinement makes it difficult for blockers to get their hands fit on him.

--

Competitive Toughness - Not a power player, but doesn't back down from anyone and shows desired toughness and physicality on a per-game basis. Plays hard and didn't slow up even when Florida State was getting throttled in games. Consistently doubled or chipped and kept the same energy regardless.

At 6'5" 231, he probably has the ability to add like 20-30 pounds over a couple of seasons and make himself into a well rounded player.

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Many imagine if the Redskins do trade up into the top to take Daniel Jones...

I don't buy this. I'm convinced that depending on how far they trade up, it's for Murray or Hasksins.

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

@Woz @MKnight82 help your boy out here. Dan Snyder wouldn't do crazy things would he?

All of the Redskins beat writers think a trade up is unlikely.  Also, Doug Williams (part of the FO) literally said in an interview yesterday the only trades the Redskins will consider at 15 are DOWN and not UP.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

All of the Redskins beat writers think a trade up is unlikely.  Also, Doug Williams (part of the FO) literally said in an interview yesterday the only trades the Redskins will consider at 15 are DOWN and not UP.  

Was this before or after Dan Snyder allegedly took over? I'm not believing anything unless it's overwhelming and everyone is reporting the same story.

35 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Plz no. Dude is just as soft as Beasley with a worse physique. 

I mean, it would not surprise me if the team that valued Beasley like a top 10 pick also likes guys like Beasley a whole lot.  But I do suspect a team in that 10-20 range is the team behind the "4 teams have taken Montez Sweat off their draft board" leak, since :

1. New medical information does not come out late in April; teams have known everything they're going to know for a while.
  2. "4 teams" is the sort of plausible nonspecific but also specific report that might get teams to double check "wait, do they know something we don't?

Rashan Gary's shoulder might be something like that too.

Archived