NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Apparently they’re targeting Devin Bush unfortunately. 

Moving up from mid teens to 3 is a huge pay.  Not that QW isn’t worth a top 3 pick but the stomach to pay that much for a non QB is rare.  

Even Julio only cost another 1st (and 2 2nds & 2 4ths).   Moving up from 6 where Julio went to the 1.3 will cost another 1st in all likelihood.  Such a big diff.   Paying 2 extra 1sts to move up to 1.3 is such a premium for a nonQB.  

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

In terms of BPA, Need, Fit and Position Value how do you guys split the importance 

I got 40% Fit, 40% BPA, 15% Need and 5% Pos Value

Give me an Elite Talent that fits my team at any position over need almost every day. 

The more good players you have the better in my opinion. 

Fit might have to be even higher. The whole round peg/square hole thing. 

9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

They should be. Foles loves throwing the TEs and Hockenson is a potential elite TE. 

I think there is a better chance they take a tackle or trade down. 7th overall would be very rich for a TE and we tend to see TEs drop a bit on draft day.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Can't say Tua is better than any prospect just yet.

Everyone loves the QB prospect from Sept-Dec. Then the pre-draft grinder starts and they all get picked apart. 

21 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Not a Jags fan, but given in Coughlin's entire tenure at NYG, the highest they drafted a TE was in the 4th. I think it's gotta be Taylor/Jonah/trade down

I believe he got there just after they had Shockey though, right? So having him precludes them drafting one high.

And iirc, he went after Bennett (who flopped in NYG).

He also spent big money to sign Kyle Brady to the Jaguars.

Not sure it's a given he takes one at 7, but at least I think it shows that he does value the position.

11 minutes ago, sherm said:

Everyone loves the QB prospect from Sept-Dec. Then the pre-draft grinder starts and they all get picked apart. 

Yup. Kinda like everyone thinks every market setting contract is an over pay.  And usually, around this time, people notice how “weak” the current draft class is compared to next year.  

Archived