Trading Down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Trade Down  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How open are you to trading down this year?

• I’m open to just about any deal that allows us to add further assets.
    • I’m open to it if “my guy” isn’t there.
    • I’m open to it, but we’d really have to fleece someone.
    • Stop. Trading. Down.
    • Trade down? We should be moving UP!
  2. 2. What type of compensation would you need to move back?

• I’m fine with even a day 3 pick, I just want more assets.
    • I’d probably need a day two pick to even consider it.
    • I’d need picks both this year and next.
    • I’m not having any discussions for less than a first.
  3. 3. How far back would you move?

• A couple spots, but not outside of the top 22-25.
    • Anywhere in the first is fine.
    • I’d move out of the first, but we’d have to stay in the top 45.
    • I don’t care when we makw our first pick this year if the deal is right (ie future picks).

I'm admittedly going with a cop out here. I'd be willing to trade down if someone makes us a great offer that we can't refuse and get good value out of. If a good team offered us their late first with some type of mid to late round pick this year OR a bad team offered us a 2nd this year AND their 1st next year, then I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat, unless some stud like Ed Oliver was somehow staring us in the face.

However, I'd also be willing to give up a 3rd or later to move up several spots to grab said stud player. (Note: I don't want to give up a lot to do this, merely saying I'd give up a 2nd/3rd day pick to grab a "help now" stud player in a position of need).

Honestly, I'd be very tempted to trade back, grab Simmons, who is a Top 10-15 player that won't play at all this year and then have a nice war chest top tier pick for 2020.

It also depends on how we do in free agency. If we were to get a quality starting DT, role EDGE guy, and some depth in the secondary, I'd be much more willing to trade back (for example).

43 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Trade down for brown.

Hollywood or AJ? Both are good but aren't DK Metcalf good.

Also, Hollywood probably won't even be around at #17. If he's there and you like him, you had better pull the trigger then because teams covet that kind of playmaker. If Corey Coleman can go in the 1st, Hollywood is a lock to.

Tyreek Hill's success this year is going to drive up the price on these types of athletes. Hollywood is also more refined than people give him credit for. He's an excellent route runner with very good hands. Elite deep and lateral speed/quickness. Tough as nails. I'm not comparing him to Hill because Tyreek is a lot physically stronger, but Brown is a more refined WR anyways.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hollywood or AJ? Both are good but aren't DK Metcalf good.

Also, Hollywood probably won't even be around at #17. If he's there and you like him, you had better pull the trigger then because teams covet that kind of playmaker. If Corey Coleman can go in the 1st, Hollywood is a lock to.

The trade back is more important than brown. 

It seems like there are two wrs a head of him, hurd and Dk? O thinsks she may make the later part of the 1st. 

Even though Tyrewk OS the president, so is John Ross one of the worst wr on the planet.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tyreek Hill's success this year is going to drive up the price on these types of athletes. Hollywood is also more refined than people give him credit for. He's an excellent route runner with very good hands. Elite deep and lateral speed/quickness. Tough as nails. I'm not comparing him to Hill because Tyreek is a lot physically stronger, but Brown is a more refined WR anyways.

27 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The trade back is more important than brown. 

It seems like there are two wrs a head of him, hurd and Dk? O thinsks she may make the later part of the 1st. 

Even though Tyrewk OS the president, so is John Ross one of the worst wr on the planet.

John Ross was a 1-trick pony at Washington. He was nowhere near the polished WR that Brown is.

Who the heck is Hurd? Jalen Hurd? He's going to struggle to get drafted.

My guess is you meant to say N'Keal Harry. Even Harry, I'm not so sure about. I think Brown could go ahead of him. I have Harry ahead, but not by much.

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

John Ross was a 1-trick pony at Washington. He was nowhere near the polished WR that Brown is.

Who the heck is Hurd? Jalen Hurd? He's going to struggle to get drafted.

My guess is you meant to say N'Keal Harry. Even Harry, I'm not so sure about. I think Brown could go ahead of him. I have Harry ahead, but not by much.

You have given my draft plan a kick in the nuts. 

Jalen Hurd qell def get drafted, in the 1st 3 rounds depending on what he runs. Unless there is somethìng I dont know about him. 

I dont want dk Metcalf in the 1st,.

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

You have given my draft plan a kick in the nuts. 

Jalen Hurd qell def get drafted, in the 1st 3 rounds depending on what he runs. Unless there is somethìng I dont know about him. 

I dont want dk Metcalf in the 1st,.

How could you like Hurd but not Metcalf? Metcalf is better in literally every way.

And I'll bet you anything Hurd does not get drafted in the first 3 rounds. He's too stiff and raw as a WR. Plus he's going to be an old rookie.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

How could you like Hurd but not Metcalf? Metcalf is better in literally every way.

And I'll bet you anything Hurd does not get drafted in the first 3 rounds. He's too stiff and raw as a WR. Plus he's going to be an old rookie.

To be fair I have watched 5 minutes of highlights and when it comes to the draft I cant defend anything.

Imo there’s a lot of dudes I’d be cool with at 17 tbh.

WR: Metcalf and Brown 

TE: Hockenson

DE: Ferrell, Burns, Gary, Sweat

DT: Oliver, Wilkins

LB: White

CB: Baker, Murphy, Greedy

OT: Taylor, Ford

That’s not accounting for the guys who are projected to be top 10 “locks”.  If a bunch of those dudes are still there at 17, I’m looking for more picks.

My thoughts:

The Pats have been able to rebuild on the fly around a franchise QB multiple times because they are constantly keeping the pantry stacked with extra picks, especially extra 2nd/3rd round picks.

This draft is pretty flat outside of the top 4-5. An OT at 15 and an OT at 35 are probably going to be in the same tier of prospects. Same for WR. The only spot I'd say that might be different would be DL, especially DE.

I want a dynasty. Screw competing for a year, I want to knock the Pats off their throne and be playing in the AFCCG more often than not. The way to make that work is to have a franchise QB (Check, God I feel good saying that), and having more picks than everyone else. So I'm in for a trade that sets us up this year (extra 2nd or 3rd round pick) and next year (extra 1st-3rd round pick depending on how far down we move). 

Archived