Greatest non SB winning Team of all time.

vikes635

Ok this is going to be a multi-post thread. This first thread I am looking for teams to be nominated because I am planning on a 16 team tournament.

Now I have selected 8 of the 16 Teams myself, I am giving you all the say on the other 8 teams. After all 16 teams are selected I will be doing a ranking/seeding thread and then having each team go head to head not only in here but that teams respective forum.

Rules of eligibility: Team may not have won a Superbowl, Only 1 team from a franchise, Only 1 team from a year

My Teams= 07 patriots, 98 Vikings, 84 Dolphins, 90 Bills, 04 Steelers, 96 Broncos, 01 Rams, 83 Redskins

There are lots of other great options out there. place your arguments here and I will select 8 of the most compelling teams I read about. 

2011 Packers, 15-1 and record-breaking offense

1992 49ers, 14-2, led NFL is scoring plus stingly defense

2015 Panthers, 15-1, dual threat offense led by the MVP

1968 Colts, 13-1, shutout Browns in CCG and did it without Unitas

1999 Jaguars, 14-2. Dominant team that only lost to Tennessee

2012 Seahawks, that was a SB caliber team. Wilson was playing great as a rookie and the defense was already amazing

2006 Chargers, 14-2, had the MVP and a record breaking 11 pro Bowlers

2000 Raiders, 12-4 and who knows what happens if Gannon stays healthy vs the Ravens

Overall it's challenging to find 8 other franchises with all team not in the same year as your selections but these are my teams

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

86 Bears.  Defense was even better than 85 and if GB doesnt cheap shot McMahon you are likely looking at repeat champs.

You're almost certainly right about the repeat there--they probably could have done it anyway if Ditka had started Tomzcak or Fuller over Flutie (which I will NEVER forgive Ditka for, by the way). However, I think the 88 Bears would be the better choice. They faltered in the second half of the season, but I think was an overall better team...

98' Vikings

84' Dolphins

07' Patriots

86' Bears

09' Colts

Obviously the 07 Patriots are the GOAT team to not win a SB. Really, they are the GOAT team period. They just had a really bad game in the SB, and saw the biggest miracle ever on the other side. And Brady choked. Highest scoring offense of all time to that point scored 14 points against the 17th ranked scoring defense. 

Nobody in here mentioned the 1976 Steelers. 

Arguably the greatest defensive stretch for a team in NFL history, and on offense they blocked so effectively that two marginal NFL RBs were both able to go over 1,000 yards. 

Over their last 9 games of the regular season, they had a 9-0 record and allowed just 28 points (3.1 points per game allowed), which included 5 shutouts. 

4 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Nobody in here mentioned the 1976 Steelers. 

Arguably the greatest defensive stretch for a team in NFL history, and on offense they blocked so effectively that two marginal NFL RBs were both able to go over 1,000 yards. 

Over their last 9 games of the regular season, they had a 9-0 record and allowed just 28 points (3.1 points per game allowed), which included 5 shutouts. 

it was not mentioned because according to the OP rules you can only name 1 team from 1 year or franchise and he already names 2004 Steelers

Archived