Franchise Tag Updates/Rumors

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

So, is Justin Houston likely getting cut? He's going to have a market for his services if he is. I'm guessing Raiders would pounce all over him.

I dont think so. But chiefs are pretty cap broke if they dont.

They both fit a 43 under

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wouldn't be surprising if he appeals for the larger of the two figures if it isn't given.  Might not win the appeal, but I completely understand KC's hesitation in sinking beaucoup bucks into him off what's really only one year of elite production, but I also will never fault the player for looking out for his own financial welfare - and he knows damn well that if he hits the open market in a pool lessened by the franchise tag on other guys with elite production, someone is going to pay him that big bucks contract.  So no reason not to appeal for the higher financial figure on the single-year tender if the team wants protection against a lull in production in a new scheme.

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

Thought Foles number was higher?

So not that it would ever happen but "technically" the Eagles could save money by Franchising him rather then him excepting the $20M option and $2M buy back? Doesn't  seem right?

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Do you guys think the franchise tag survives the next CBA?

Depends on what the NFLPA is willing to give up to make it go away.
Owners won't want to lose it and there's an argument to be made that it's original purpose - maintaining parity and allowing teams to keep their stars is still a valid point. Otherwise, the potential of all the stars ending up in LA/ New York/Miami is still a possibility and the NFL doesn't want to be like the NBA in that regard.

Given that, the NFLPA would have to make major concessions elsewhere and the tag only affects a very small percentage of their membership. (1/53)

24 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Multiple firsts easily

Seahawks would never do it though

If I'm the Seahawks I'd do it for #6 this year, their 1st next year plus a 2nd and/or 3rd. Then I'd use that ammo to trade up next year for a QB. Build up the defense this year to try and take another QB on a rookie deal to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Cowherd just reported on his show that there is a rumor out there that Russell Wilson might want out of Seattle to play in NY for the Giants....🤔

You lost me after "Cowherd."  That man doesn't have sources and even if he does, he still just ignores what they tell him to say whatever is going to be controversial enough to draw clicks and make clips of his show go viral.

Archived