Anyone ever consider living in a tiny home?

DoleINGout

On 19/02/2019 at 8:15 AM, Mega Ron said:

We used to live in a tiny home in central London. Once our second child was on the way it became impractical so we moved a little further out.

We made a crap ton of money out of it though.

I would now like to move another 20 miles away which would mean we'd live close to the sea and make a second crap ton of money.

Then I could get a Browns season ticket.

But then....wouldn't you be in Southend-on-Sea?! :S

• Like 1

If I planned to stay single and never have kids, absolutely. I’d build a tiny A frame and sleep in the loft. I currently live in a 1250 square foot house and I honestly would be fine with much less. The only rooms I need are kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. That’s about 700 square feet. However, I plan on settling down with my girlfriend next year and we plan on having kids. So even 1250 might be small a few years down the road. 

20 hours ago, Gmen said:

If I planned to stay single and never have kids, absolutely. I’d build a tiny A frame and sleep in the loft. I currently live in a 1250 square foot house and I honestly would be fine with much less. The only rooms I need are kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. That’s about 700 square feet. However, I plan on settling down with my girlfriend next year and we plan on having kids. So even 1250 might be small a few years down the road. 

I lived in a 1200 sq ft house for a while.  It was fine with one kid.  But with two, it became cramped.

I blame all the damn toys everyone feels compelled to buy them now.  Just because plastic toys are cheap doesn't mean every kid needs every toy in the toy aisle.  Can't even begin to tell you how many toys we've donated that have hardly been played with.

/rant

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

No. I'm happy with my house - if anything, it's too small for me and my family (wife, two kids, hoping for a dog this Christmas).

What kind ya getting?

To answer the OP - no. I've lived in small homes my entire life. I can't wait to eventually purchase a decent-sized home on acreage with my nearest neighbor five miles away.