Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

What another epic hilarious collapse by KC yet again. This one was more fun to watch than the others. Blew a 21-3 lead over a running team.

That loss should end Alex "raider killer" Smith's career with them.

Wish I could have caught the game. I gotta say I love seeing KC fall flat on their faces every year. I read they have lost a record straight 7 home playoff games IIRC. Pretty embarrassing tbh.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wish I could have caught the game. I gotta say I love seeing KC fall flat on their faces every year. I read they have lost a record straight 7 home playoff games IIRC. Pretty embarrassing tbh.

He actually had a pretty solid game.  Not sure what their deal is.

5 hours ago, daineraider said:

I thought he was playing really scared in the second half. Even if his stats ended up being solid enough, you can tell that he's absolutely terrified of throwing interceptions and will make other bad decisions just to avoid doing so - ones that don't show up so easily on the stat sheet.

I'm not sure what I'd like the Chiefs to do, at this point. For the Raiders, going up against Andy Reid in the regular season is a big challenge; he's got a great record against us, he'll win a bundle of regular season games no problem, and both of those things combined mean that it's always going to be tougher for us to make the playoffs when a guy like him is in charge in KC. At the same time, though, the fact that it's almost inevitable they'll find new and hilarious ways to choke playoff games, is absolute gold.

But I think, for the sake of the Raiders, I'd rather they fired Reid and traded Smith. I think that works out better for us, even if it might increase their chances of actually winning a playoff game.

9 hours ago, daineraider said:

Kelce going out sunk their offense. Tennessee actually has a very solid roster with no clear holes (I think their worst position is strong safety).

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I thought he was playing really scared in the second half. Even if his stats ended up being solid enough, you can tell that he's absolutely terrified of throwing interceptions and will make other bad decisions just to avoid doing so - ones that don't show up so easily on the stat sheet.

I'm not sure what I'd like the Chiefs to do, at this point. For the Raiders, going up against Andy Reid in the regular season is a big challenge; he's got a great record against us, he'll win a bundle of regular season games no problem, and both of those things combined mean that it's always going to be tougher for us to make the playoffs when a guy like him is in charge in KC. At the same time, though, the fact that it's almost inevitable they'll find new and hilarious ways to choke playoff games, is absolute gold.

But I think, for the sake of the Raiders, I'd rather they fired Reid and traded Smith. I think that works out better for us, even if it might increase their chances of actually winning a playoff game.

I think they trade Smith but they aren't going to get rid of Reid. They traded for Mahomes specifically for Reid so getting rid of him would make Mahomes almost worthless.

For everyone hating on Carr at various points this season (myself included), just be thankful we don't have Bortles or Taylor as our QB. Holy hell that playoff game was the absolute worst. Bortles finished with less than 90 yards the entire game and his team won!

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For everyone hating on Carr at various points this season (myself included), just be thankful we don't have Bortles or Taylor as our QB. Holy hell that playoff game was the absolute worst. Bortles finished with less than 90 yards the entire game and his team won!

Taylor was facing the best secondary in the league, but Bortles is hot garbage for sure. Taylor might end up in JAX next year or DEN

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Taylor was facing the best secondary in the league, but Bortles is hot garbage for sure. Taylor might end up in JAX next year or DEN

I could even see Cleveland too.  Alex Smith and JAX seem like a match made in heaven.  They just need someone good enough to not lose.  He can lean on Fournette and their receivers aren't bad.

18 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I can see smith in Denver as well. I wish we could avoid seeing him twice a year but the move would make sense.

KC isn't going to trade Alex Smith to a division rival. That would be ridiculously stupid. 

I personally expect them to send him to the NFC. Cardinals most likely and I'm sure Alex will have some say in where he goes.

Archived