Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, raidr4life said:

D.J. Hayden hasn't given up a reception in 39 targets for Detroit so far, if he becomes a stud for them, time to fire everybody.

I always thought he was out of place in our scheme.  How good he will be I have no clue but knew he would be substantially better if he signed with the right team.

10 hours ago, raidr4life said:

D.J. Hayden hasn't given up a reception in 39 targets for Detroit so far, if he becomes a stud for them, time to fire everybody.

He has been targeted 39 times in 3 games (in which he probably didn't play every snap)?

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The Jets want to trade Sheldon Richardson before the regular season.

I dont see Reggie doing anything, but that would be a huge addition for our D.  We would have to get rid of a decent sized contract to be able to bring him in.  Sean Smith is really the only contract that we could do and that would be stupid by the Jets to do.  Im not sure how much else I would offer as far as picks go, because I dont know how likely it would be to resign him long term.  I wouldnt mind taking him on a 1 yr rental with the chance to resign him though.  If he were to leave we would still get a comp pick for him.

The Jets will want at least a 2nd for him, but I would do Smith and a 3rd(I know it sounds like what I would have offered for Haden).  And maybe throw in a 6th or 7th on top.  Jets say no, great.  Jets say yes, great.

18 hours ago, daineraider said:

I dont see Reggie doing anything, but that would be a huge addition for our D.  We would have to get rid of a decent sized contract to be able to bring him in.  Sean Smith is really the only contract that we could do and that would be stupid by the Jets to do.  Im not sure how much else I would offer as far as picks go, because I dont know how likely it would be to resign him long term.  I wouldnt mind taking him on a 1 yr rental with the chance to resign him though.  If he were to leave we would still get a comp pick for him.

The Jets will want at least a 2nd for him, but I would do Smith and a 3rd(I know it sounds like what I would have offered for Haden).  And maybe throw in a 6th or 7th on top.  Jets say no, great.  Jets say yes, great.

Yeah a 2nd for a one yr rental seems like alot. I wouldn't pay that. I also doubt they would take Smith off our hands because I think part of this is they want to cut salary. I'd do it for a 3rd for 4th pick swap. Just need to negotiate them down to it.

Archived