Pick a bust - 2019

BrownLeader

59 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I've seen Parris Campbell mocked in the 1st round. That has disaster written all over it.

That's why I listed him there. I don't really think you can qualify as a bust if not taken in the first. His hands are suspect af. He has blazing speed, yes, but that's really about it. I will concede his hands did get better as he got older though. Not enough for me to feel safe about him, at all.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, JTagg7754 said:

That's why I listed him there. I don't really think you can qualify as a bust if not taken in the first. His hands are suspect af. He has blazing speed, yes, but that's really about it. I will concede his hands did get better as he got older though. Not enough for me to feel safe about him, at all.

Campbell was a 3rd round pick before the combine.  He should still be a 3rd round pick.

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Campbell was a 3rd round pick before the combine.  He should still be a 3rd round pick.

I definitely agree. I mean, I can see moving him into the 2nd b/c his horrible case of the drops did improve as he got older but they were still a problem. He has a high ceiling, no doubt. Unfortunately his biggest problem is his ability to do what WRs are paid to do lol

On 2/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, BrownLeader said:

Edge - Josh Allen

Not convinced how well he'll come off the edge as a pro and he's mobile but not ideal for an off ball LB.

Curious why you say this exactly? 

On 3/21/2019 at 3:01 AM, N4L said:

Curious why you say this exactly? 

He's improved but still lacks power as a rusher. Struggles to convert speed to power and get can get flicked away wide or tied up. In space he can run really well for a 6'5 260 guy but he doesn't always break down well and has to anticipate properly to make the tackle.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, BrownLeader said:

If you were forced to pick a high rated guy that'll be a bust at every position, who would it be?

*I'm lower on these guys but I'm not saying I think every one of them will be busts, just if I had to choose one.

QB - Daniel Jones

Slow delivery, just adequate arm strength, and he's a reckless and frequent runner.

RB - Darrell Henderson

Blazing speed but he had track lanes at Memphis and I'm not convinced of his lateral mobility

WR - Kelvin Harmon

I'm not convinced of his mobility. Everything is contested and he won't have as big a physical advantage as a pro

TE - Noah Fant

He's fast but I'm not sure about his ability to plant and change direction. Questioning his ability to separate.

OT - Jawaan Taylor

Flashes dominance but I think he's got slow feet and lets guys into his chest a lot. 

Edge - Josh Allen

Not convinced how well he'll come off the edge as a pro and he's mobile but not ideal for an off ball LB.

Edge - Jaylon Ferguson

There's all that production but I just really don't like his film. Clunky athleticism, awful in space, routinely owned at the poa, shuts down his motor on plays away. And looked bad at senior week practices.

DT - Dexter Lawrence

Mainly just an injury thing. Can be more reliable as a pro?

LB - Devin White

Love the guy and the motor but he's all over the place. Overruns and false steps everything.

DB - Taylor Rapp

Not sure how high rated Rapp is but he might just be a limited box guy with adequate athleticism.

That's an excellent list, agree with pretty much all of it except Allen. I would sub in Metcalf at WR. The Mike Mamula of WRs.

PS I'm not getting Haskins. ?  Great accuracy, can make all the throws, solid person.

On 13/03/2019 at 3:23 PM, JTagg7754 said:

QB - Kyler Murray
WR - DK Metcalf, Parris Campell
DE - Rashan Gary

Hej JTagg, haven't seen you around in the Raiders forum for what seems like an age................. just wondering what your take is on the Ohio State guys in this years draft?

On 3/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, Darbsk said:

Hej JTagg, haven't seen you around in the Raiders forum for what seems like an age................. just wondering what your take is on the Ohio State guys in this years draft?

Hey man! Yeah, I've been MIA bc I go to another forum for Raider banter lol. The MODs are lame af also!! 

As far as Buckeyes, Bosa is the guy I want but there's very little chance he's there. I think he's basically a mirror image of his brother and that's not a bad thing at all. Aside from him, not really a huge fan of anyone in the first. Haskins is a great prospect but he's so raw. I think Dre'mont Jones could really surprise some people. He's a heck of a player and could be a great second day find. Not a big fan of Campbell until the 2nd or 3rd and feel McLauren is a better prospect. Campbell is just fast, very, very fast. If he had more consistent hands and ran more than 2 routes, he'd be an easy first rounder. Mike Weber is ok also but I don't find him to be a feature back. I think he'll just be someone to take touches from another back to keep them fresh. 

That's my take. You got your eyes on anyone??

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Hey man! Yeah, I've been MIA bc I go to another forum for Raider banter lol. The MODs are lame af also!! 

As far as Buckeyes, Bosa is the guy I want but there's very little chance he's there. I think he's basically a mirror image of his brother and that's not a bad thing at all. Aside from him, not really a huge fan of anyone in the first. Haskins is a great prospect but he's so raw. I think Dre'mont Jones could really surprise some people. He's a heck of a player and could be a great second day find. Not a big fan of Campbell until the 2nd or 3rd and feel McLauren is a better prospect. Campbell is just fast, very, very fast. If he had more consistent hands and ran more than 2 routes, he'd be an easy first rounder. Mike Weber is ok also but I don't find him to be a feature back. I think he'll just be someone to take touches from another back to keep them fresh. 

That's my take. You got your eyes on anyone??

Thanks for the info!

This year I really like McLauren but haven't seen that much of him and of course Bosa, he would be perfect for us and lets just hope someone overthinks on him.

Aside from the Buckeyes guys I really like Sweat and Ferrell in our system and Risner though I don't think we'll take OL high. Now we're not bringing Cook back Hockenson would be great but I feel he falls between our picks unfortunately. I really like Holyfield for us in later rounds.

Archived