2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

So i have gathered that DT is going to be a position we target but it will definitely be a play to play NEXT to Mo Hurst who Guenther loves. 

I still don't love the idea of Q next to Hurst but at this point I wouldn't be mad about it. 

I am really starting to warm to the idea of D. Lawerence at 24 or 27. Him next to Hurst would be pretty awesome. 

Really cooling on Oliver next to Hurst. I think Oliver will be a very productive player in the NFL. But with how many holes we have to draft a player where we have a very serviceable potentially top flight (pre heart condition he was a top 15 pick lets just be real) player. 

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

So i have gathered that DT is going to be a position we target but it will definitely be a play to play NEXT to Mo Hurst who Guenther loves. 

I still don't love the idea of Q next to Hurst but at this point I wouldn't be mad about it. 

I am really starting to warm to the idea of D. Lawerence at 24 or 27. Him next to Hurst would be pretty awesome. 

Really cooling on Oliver next to Hurst. I think Oliver will be a very productive player in the NFL. But with how many holes we have to draft a player where we have a very serviceable potentially top flight (pre heart condition he was a top 15 pick lets just be real) player. 

When it came to the d-line I ignored NT up until a week ago.  When I started looking into Lawrence I realized he could have as much of an effect on our line as a good edge player.  He reminds me of a FA I was pounding the table for a couple years ago and a draft prospect I wanted when I first started visiting this site and that is Brandon Williams.  So many options I do not see how our FO could screw this up.  This is an extremely talented draft this year except for positions we have filled already.  RT, RB, WR, front seven and call it a day.  Should easily have five new starters from this draft and 3 from FA at least with the talent level this team had last year.  We will not be at or above .500 but we should see flashes of what this team will become.

11 hours ago, roi34 said:

As suspected, dk metcalf 3 cone drill as impressive at 7.38. He needs to improve his fluidity.

For comparison aj green had below 7 3cone and julio 6.6

Thanks for posting that--brings DK back down to earth a tad.

DK ran same 40 as brandin cooks, did more reps than Mack, and had a higher vert than Julio (and is taller). As someone said he is the H/W/S guy of this draft. I think he finds his way into top 5. He's a luxury pick we can't afford though, let another team take him. Murray and DK in top 3 somehow opens up a lot for us. Imagine Haskins rounding out the top 3....

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Thanks for posting that--brings DK back down to earth a tad.

DK ran same 40 as brandin cooks, did more reps than Mack, and had a higher vert than Julio (and is taller). As someone said he is the H/W/S guy of this draft. I think he finds his way into top 5. He's a luxury pick we can't afford though, let another team take him. Murray and DK in top 3 somehow opens up a lot for us. Imagine Haskins rounding out the top 3....

I think top 10 not sure about top 5. I can see him in 6-9 range. Maybe jets trade with jags and grab dk. Dk will be good deep threat and redzobe target. But may take him few years to be more than that. 

Give me nkeal or brown who I've wanted from start. Couple one of them with a renfrow or isabella later in draft and we have a decent wr crop. 

27 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I think top 10 not sure about top 5. I can see him in 6-9 range. Maybe jets trade with jags and grab dk. Dk will be good deep threat and redzobe target. But may take him few years to be more than that. 

Give me nkeal or brown who I've wanted from start. Couple one of them with a renfrow or isabella later in draft and we have a decent wr crop. 

This WR group looks so deep. At the moment, I think I'd risk waiting until our 2nd rather than using on of our late firsts as I'd be confident that there would still be a number of really good players to choose from. That way we could spend those picks on positions with less depth like LB or edge.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No doubt he is one of the biggest athletic freaks. Some saying he doesn't have what it take to play the Edge is crazy.

His numbers so far are a bigger but slightly slower Clowney.

Archived