2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Henderson from Memphis his 40 time is gonna help him so much. His production was there and just needed to see the time and he impressed. 

Metcalf is killing it is he runs a 4.4 tomorrow he’s a top 15 pick if not earlier. 

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

Starting to feel really good about at least 1 of the big 3 defenders being around at 4. Possibly even 2. Lot of time before the draft but wouldn’t be shocked to see Murray and Haskins in the top 3. 

Who do you guys pick if you have your choice of Allen and Williams? Although I think I like Williams more as a prospect, Allen is clearly the more glaring need. 

I go Williams even though most Raider fans will have a fit. Williams will be a superstar. Allen is a better fit as a 3-4 OLB, and even then I don’t think he’s the next Von Miller/Khalil Mack. He’ll be good though. Allen as a 4-3 DE would not be a good run defender and his pass rush would not be as good as everyone thinks it would be. He’s a pure 3-4 Edge guy in my honest opinion. 

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

Starting to feel really good about at least 1 of the big 3 defenders being around at 4. Possibly even 2. Lot of time before the draft but wouldn’t be shocked to see Murray and Haskins in the top 3. 

Who do you guys pick if you have your choice of Allen and Williams? Although I think I like Williams more as a prospect, Allen is clearly the more glaring need. 

I think it depends on who we think will be around @ 24 and 27.  If we think a DE will be there late I go with Q but if not I shoot for Allen with one of the Clemson DTs late in the first.  

Allen, Lawrence, and Bush

or

Q, Sweat, and Bush

I would be happy either way but would probably prefer the second option.  Have no idea what DEs will be there at 24 right now though.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:03 AM, bucksavage1 said:

T

We seen this happen across the league before . 

We do know that teams who know they have a franchise QB dont meet with the top 2 in the respective draft

Dont see the Colts, Browns, Chiefs and Seahawks talking with Murray or Haskins

It could just be strategy. Get QB-needy teams to think we want a QB and they're more likely to either trade for our pick, or trade ahead of us meaning either Bosa, Allen, or Williams will fall to us. That's not necessarily my belief, but it can't be ruled out.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I think it depends on who we think will be around @ 24 and 27.  If we think a DE will be there late I go with Q but if not I shoot for Allen with one of the Clemson DTs late in the first.  

Allen, Lawrence, and Bush

or

Q, Sweat, and Bush

I would be happy either way but would probably prefer the second option.  Have no idea what DEs will be there at 24 right now though.

Mock drafts seem to be all over the place with the players like Burns, Sweat, polite. I see them too 10 and then again in the second round. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I go Williams even though most Raider fans will have a fit. Williams will be a superstar. Allen is a better fit as a 3-4 OLB, and even then I don’t think he’s the next Von Miller/Khalil Mack. He’ll be good though. Allen as a 4-3 DE would not be a good run defender and his pass rush would not be as good as everyone thinks it would be. He’s a pure 3-4 Edge guy in my honest opinion. 

Allen would probably have to play SLB on early downs unless we put him next to some monsters in the middle like Dexter Lawrence.  I think PGs system calls for monsters at the end position though.

45 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

This is a scenario I've been playing over and over in my head. I like both players, but I would take Williams. Williams is a monster and having an interior pass rush is in my opinion more valuable then the edge pass rush. I have my doubts Allen would be able to play as a 4-3 end full-time, I just think it'd be a waste of his talent. He's definitely a versatile piece, and should be moved around all over to maximize his potential, and I don't feel confident Guenther would utilize him correctly. Williams on the other hand would be ideal in this defense. He can be played next to Hurst, or Hall, or Ellis. And my favorite trait is his attitude. That's a bad man right there, and he could give a whole new mentality to this defense. But that's all just my opinion, honestly I'd be happy with either one haha.

1 hour ago, FreshPrince said:

Mayock is a guy that will take the Best player and Guenther has said that he will fit the system to the players so if Allen is best at OLB and he is the best player in their eyes and there then I don't think we count him out at this point. But all that said I don't think Allen is the better player. You take Q and feel really good about it.

Is this correct for Jachai Polite? I always thought he'd be around  6'2 245lbs, If it is accurate then Polite may have just jumped into the top 10. 

HT: 6043

WT: 264

Hand:10 1/2 

Arm:34 1/8

By the way, got this from Walter Football. I got to look into Polite more, thought he may be there at 24, but if those numbers are accurate then say goodbye to that. Anyone have any thoughts on him? Will he fit this defense? Can he play as a 4-3 end or is he purely a olb? The player comparison I've seen for him is Melvin Ingram alot, but Ingram wishes he had that length. 

22 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Is this correct for Jachai Polite? I always thought he'd be around  6'2 245lbs, If it is accurate then Polite may have just jumped into the top 10. 

By the way, got this from Walter Football. I got to look into Polite more, thought he may be there at 24, but if those numbers are accurate then say goodbye to that. Anyone have any thoughts on him? Will he fit this defense? Can he play as a 4-3 end or is he purely a olb? The player comparison I've seen for him is Melvin Ingram alot, but Ingram wishes he had that length. 

Was never big on Polite but holy moly if those are his numbers I’d take a shot at 24 for sure. He’s probably going to be selected 15-20 though, pretty confident about that. 

34 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Told y’all in my mock y’all will be surprised with his arm length 

heard he’s a gym rat too so his bench and 40 should be nice as well 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What type of 4-3 do you run? We run a 4-3 under, and I expect that we are going to incorporate some wide 9 principles in there given our new d-line coach, and nobody is overly concerned about Allen as a weakside 4-3 leo. He would also likely double down as a 4-3 SAM in our scheme, which is some nice versatility. 

I will admit that his final evolution at the NFL level is a bit of a mystery to me though. I could absolutely see him ending up more Anthony Barr / Manny Lawson than a pass rushing terror off the edge. That's not a bad player, but generally not what you want out of a top 5 pick. Still hoping something weird happens at number 1 and Bosa falls to number 2 for us lol. 

Archived