Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Stupid overmanaging.  Strasburg is on fire.  KEEP HIM IN.  UGh.   

They’re saving him for next weeks game... oh, oh wait... this is his last game of the year? Damn man, damn! Cy Young for Stras, MVP for Rendon! Lock it up!

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So on one hand I’m like, wow awesome Scherzer is starting tonight.  On the other hand I’m like, this guy reportedly was in so much pain he couldn’t put his shirt on 2 days ago....

Those cortisone shots or whatever are close to being miracle workers apparently. Max says he's ready to go, and he'll get some reps beforehand probably to find out for sure where his arm is. He was throwing yesterday and it seemed fine. Regardless, the rest of those arms need to be ready because this doesn't get any bigger.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So on one hand I’m like, wow awesome Scherzer is starting tonight.  On the other hand I’m like, this guy reportedly was in so much pain he couldn’t put his shirt on 2 days ago....

I'm with you. Its an epic battle- a great charismatic pitcher comes back from being injured to pitch in game 7 of the world series. Its the stuff that movies of made of. I'll be watching and hoping he does well and gets the W. 

• Like 1